1.    #1  
    Features aside, I am wondering which launcher has the smallest memory "footprint" out of Zlauncher, LauncherX, HiLaunch, etc.

My Treo 650( a year old this month! )is begging for more memory, so now I am on the warpath to against apps that take up too much RAM on my device.
    Can't tell you about the others, but here's one data point for you: LauncherX (latest version, 1.2.29) is 484k, plus some additional depending on how many apps you have, seems to be about 2.5K per icon for me.
    Initiate is 348k plus a couple of small files.
    I bet the answer is Powerrun because of the limited things that it does.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I don't use any third party launcher since they all take up over several hundred k's. I use PowerRun just like aprasad has mentioned.

At one point I did use Facer, but it still took a lot of RAM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  6.    #6  
    Actually, I was already going to use Powerrun/LinkStart, but didn't use the correct terminology. My plan was to use the laucher for starting SD programs from shortcuts, and then use another application like Launcherx, HiLaunch, etc to give me some time-saving features.

So, it PowerRun is a launcher, then what should I call ZLauncher, Laucherx, etc al?
    Launchers with more features?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    There are others that use less system resources; however, for overall free memory under most circumstances, ZLauncher is really the one to go with. For instance, there are two at this time that handle multiple creator IDs and this is an important feature when low memory and using Java applications. ZLauncher allows you to customize as much or as little as you want. Ben