Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I can't seem to put many mp3's on my SD cards? Why not? For example, I just purchased a new 2gb card for my 650. I format the card on the Treo, then plug the card into a card reader to transfer mp3's. I start the transfer and after transferring a number of files it says "error -- card corrupted" or some such useless message. I then put the card into the Treo and it has not only lost the folders I put on it but has changed the name of the card from something like "bigcard" to a bunch of crazy squiggles. I tried this on an old 1gb card with the same result. If I put on just a few mp3's, like maybe enough to file 20% of the card, there is no problem. However, once I hit a certain number of files, it stops transfering and screws up the card. Doesn't make sense to buy 1 and 2 gb cards when they can't hold more mp3s than a 256mb card! Any thoughts?
    The problem might be with the card reader. I found that the first card reader I bought would not handle the 2gb card, and had to go to a different reader.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thank you. You were right, the problem must have been with the card reader. I took my mp3's to work and loaded them via the reader on my work computer and... bingo! It worked. Thanks again.