1.    #1  
    For some reason, today, my Hot Sync ID, Vanished off my phone and my programs. This has caused many programs to stop working. Please Help!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Have you lost your original saved preferences database? This causes you to lose all software registration codes etc.

Restore it from a backup (if you have one)....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #3  
    And if I don't have a backup?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If you've never backed it up to either the desktop or an SD card then you will have to manually re-enter your registration codes for 3rd party software.

Using a piece of software called ChangeName you can probably put your hotsync ID back...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Saved Preferences gets backed up on Hotsync. Do a Hotsync with "Desktop overwrites Handheld" setting for the backup conduit, and select the existing profile.

This is assuming that you haven't done a Hotsync previously (after losing your settings), as that would have replaced the old Saved Preferences file (with all your settings) with the new one ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Saved Preferences gets backed up on Hotsync. Do a Hotsync with "Desktop overwrites Handheld" setting for the backup conduit, and select the existing profile.

This is assuming that you haven't done a Hotsync previously (after losing your settings), as that would have replaced the old Saved Preferences file (with all your settings) with the new one ..
    Yeah what he said

Oh and congrats on your 3000th post aprasad

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Oh and congrats on your 3000th post aprasad
    Thanks! I feel obsolete, having an old, outdated Treo 650. My posts will pick up when I upgrade to another GSM POS device (not the 680, though..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Thanks! I feel obsolete, having an old, outdated Treo 650. My posts will pick up when I upgrade to another GSM POS device (not the 680, though..).
    Tell me about it! Mines really worn out now. Shift key doesn't work, 'W' key is unresponsive!