Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I had a bad experience with Seidio on their support recent I thought I'd share with you. I purchased G4850 car kit from TreoCentral about 3 months ago. Last couple of weeks, the microphone function didn't work and finally my Treo started to go in to reset loop when in cradle. I got on their web site and found a email to their tech support for RMA information. Two days later I get an email back with an URL where I need to fill out RMA request.

Ok, so I tried to fill it out and it asks for a sales order number, which is a REQUIRED field. So I entered the TreoCentral number. Then, and only after filling it out, it asks me to log in. I don't know what the log in information is. There is no hint or anything. I send out another email asking for help. I get a response 2 days later again saying call in for help. I finally figured out and I have to create an account on their site so I did and submitted the request.

A week later, I have not received any information on the RMA so I called the tech support. They say it's not our department, we will have someone call you back. So, I left the name and number, no one called me back in two days. I call back to customer service yesterday and asked about it. The lady says they sent out an email to me, which I never received. She said my purchase date is Jan 06 and it's out of warranty. I told her I have the invoice in front of me and it says April and it should be still under warranty.

She says well, nothing she can do, the person in charge of RMA is out and she will have that person call me today. Well, it's almost end of the day today and no phone call.

This has to be one of worst case of not my job so I am passing the buck I have seen. My main concern is that the warranty (btw, who gives only 120 day warranty on hardware anymore? most give out a year) runs out TODAY. I have a feeling that someone is going to call me next week and say sorry, your warranty expired so we can't repair it for you.

Unbelievable.
    I am currently having an issue with Seidio as well. I bought a holster for my 700wx, and they sent me an email stating they shipped it on the 13th via USPS. I have yet to receive it, and usually USPS gets stuff to you in a couple of days. I emailed Seidio to get the tracking number, and they wrote me back and said that USPS doesn't use tracking numbers, only FedEx. WHAT? I am going to give it another week, and if I don't receive it, I'm going to call my credit card company. This company has some issues...
    I had also posted awhile ago about their BS in obtaining an RMA and trade practices.
    In short, this is a company and product to be avoided by all means.
    They are "made in China"
    rest my case.
    Mine went very smooth had a crystal case that the clips snapped off contacted them asked for my order number received e mail to send them a picture of it and a day later i received e mail new one was being shipped.

Fred
    Yep. They pulled that crap with me with an extended battery that heated up enough to toast bread back when I had my 650. Wound up tossing it and writing the company (and my loss) off. Probably stupid on my part, anyway, to purchase something like a battery for my device. A case or ear-piece is one thing, but when you start messing with electronics, well, probably best to stay with original Palm stuff, even if you pay through the you know what for it.
  6.    #6  
    Update. They never called on Friday. I am going to call them Monday and give them an earful. I learned my lesson. I will never buy their product again. What's disappointing is the a good company like TreoCentral is involved with companies like Seidio. Since I bought from TreoCentral, they are also involved.
    Anyone know a good GPS product that is not Bluetooth? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    There are many threads addressing Seidio.

The greater percentage of comments are negative, justifiably so.
    Had multiple problems with the products.
    Extended battery does not charge in THEIR external charger.
    Extended battery lasts less time than the Treo battery.
    Battery cover with reset hole does not fit on phone properly.
    Recent purchase of Battery charger only charges Treo battery 50%, then light turns green and apparantly stops charging.

All in all, I plan on avoiding anything this company sells.
    Quote Originally Posted by eben333 View Post
    Ok, I had a bad experience with Seidio on their support recent I thought I'd share with you. I purchased G4850 car kit from TreoCentral about 3 months ago. Last couple of weeks, the microphone function didn't work and finally my Treo started to go in to reset loop when in cradle. I got on their web site and found a email to their tech support for RMA information. Two days later I get an email back with an URL where I need to fill out RMA request.

Ok, so I tried to fill it out and it asks for a sales order number, which is a REQUIRED field. So I entered the TreoCentral number. Then, and only after filling it out, it asks me to log in. I don't know what the log in information is. There is no hint or anything. I send out another email asking for help. I get a response 2 days later again saying call in for help. I finally figured out and I have to create an account on their site so I did and submitted the request.

A week later, I have not received any information on the RMA so I called the tech support. They say it's not our department, we will have someone call you back. So, I left the name and number, no one called me back in two days. I call back to customer service yesterday and asked about it. The lady says they sent out an email to me, which I never received. She said my purchase date is Jan 06 and it's out of warranty. I told her I have the invoice in front of me and it says April and it should be still under warranty.

She says well, nothing she can do, the person in charge of RMA is out and she will have that person call me today. Well, it's almost end of the day today and no phone call.

This has to be one of worst case of not my job so I am passing the buck I have seen. My main concern is that the warranty (btw, who gives only 120 day warranty on hardware anymore? most give out a year) runs out TODAY. I have a feeling that someone is going to call me next week and say sorry, your warranty expired so we can't repair it for you.

Unbelievable.
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. The person who answered your question did not give you correct information. Our warranty on any car cradle - and most of our other products - is 6 months. We will honor your warranty if you purchased anytime in April. If you would please email me your contact information to my address below, I PROMISE that you will have a phone call and resolution by Monday. No excuses - you're right, bad communications and follow-through on our part. We will make it right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    I am currently having an issue with Seidio as well. I bought a holster for my 700wx, and they sent me an email stating they shipped it on the 13th via USPS. I have yet to receive it, and usually USPS gets stuff to you in a couple of days. I emailed Seidio to get the tracking number, and they wrote me back and said that USPS doesn't use tracking numbers, only FedEx. WHAT? I am going to give it another week, and if I don't receive it, I'm going to call my credit card company. This company has some issues...
    USPS service is totally dependent on their efficiency in your part of the country. Unfortunately, we've had people wait 2 weeks or more for their delivery. When we send out an email saying something has shipped, that is what happened. If it were up to me, I would eliminate USPS shipping options, but that would make shipping costs totally unreasonable to a goodly number of people. As far as a tracking number, you were given the correct info - there are no tracking numbers. If you call the USPS, they will tell you that Priority Mail should take 2 - 3 days, but they DON'T GUARANTEE it! They tell you to call them back if it takes longer than 2 weeks. 1st class mail is even slower. I'm sorry for the experience you're having, but we can't control the mail flow. If an item is returned to us due to a postal error, we ship it out again as soon as we receive it. I certainly can't blame you for feeling frustrated, I would definitely feel the same way. If you would send me your order information via direct email to the address below, or, PM, I will see what I can do to track your shipment down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I had also posted awhile ago about their BS in obtaining an RMA and trade practices.
    In short, this is a company and product to be avoided by all means.
    They are "made in China"
    rest my case.
    Not sure what you mean by the above and I can't answer any question you may have unless you would care to email or PM me the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Yep. They pulled that crap with me with an extended battery that heated up enough to toast bread back when I had my 650. Wound up tossing it and writing the company (and my loss) off. Probably stupid on my part, anyway, to purchase something like a battery for my device. A case or ear-piece is one thing, but when you start messing with electronics, well, probably best to stay with original Palm stuff, even if you pay through the you know what for it.
    Most of our products - including our batteries - are warranted for 6 months from date of purchase. Did you request an RMA repair or replacement? If you did and got no response, please let me know by email or PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casabooboo View Post
    Had multiple problems with the products.
    Extended battery does not charge in THEIR external charger.
    Extended battery lasts less time than the Treo battery.
    Battery cover with reset hole does not fit on phone properly.
    Recent purchase of Battery charger only charges Treo battery 50%, then light turns green and apparantly stops charging.

All in all, I plan on avoiding anything this company sells.
    Did you let our tech support team or customer service department know that you were having problems? All of the above are covered by warranty for 6 months from date of purchase. Our batteries do charge in our INNO.CHARGER, our extended battery has 33% more mAh than the stock battery, and your cover should most definitely fit your phone. Again, if you would please email or PM me your order number(s) and contact details, I will do my best to make sure that you receive the service you deserve.
    Update. They never called on Friday. I am going to call them Monday and give them an earful. I learned my lesson. I will never buy their product again. What's disappointing is the a good company like TreoCentral is involved with companies like Seidio. Since I bought from TreoCentral, they are also involved.
    Anyone know a good GPS product that is not Bluetooth? Thanks.
    eben,

Has your problem been resolved?
  15.    #15  
    Not resolved yet. I got a call from someone named Christie this morning around 9:30 AM, asking to call her back. I was out and about in meetings so I came back and called her around 1:30 my time. She never returned my call. I was here all afternoon waiting for her return call.

I am sorry but you seem genuine in trying to help but if no one else there seem to give a damn about it, this isn't going to work out. Sorry but that's how I feel. I know you can be busy but I spent 4 hours this afternoon waiting for a return call and it didn't come, wasted my time and your reputation even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Did you let our tech support team or customer service department know that you were having problems? All of the above are covered by warranty for 6 months from date of purchase. Our batteries do charge in our INNO.CHARGER, our extended battery has 33% more mAh than the stock battery, and your cover should most definitely fit your phone. Again, if you would please email or PM me your order number(s) and contact details, I will do my best to make sure that you receive the service you deserve.
    I called your "Tech SUpport." All this guy said was "defective." I think this was the only word in his vocabulary. I returned what I could to TC and tossed out the rest. Thanks for your offer, but I prefer not to deal with your products any longer.
    Not resolved yet. I got a call from someone named Christie this morning around 9:30 AM, asking to call her back. I was out and about in meetings so I came back and called her around 1:30 my time. She never returned my call. I was here all afternoon waiting for her return call.

I am sorry but you seem genuine in trying to help but if no one else there seem to give a damn about it, this isn't going to work out. Sorry but that's how I feel. I know you can be busy but I spent 4 hours this afternoon waiting for a return call and it didn't come, wasted my time and your reputation even more.
    Just unfortunate timing. Christine works until 1:30CST on M,W,F. The person who backs her up has been on vacation. I'm sorry and am not trying to make excuses or inferring that our systems are optimal, those are the facts. Christine will call you by tomorrow, but I certainly don't expect this to have an impact on how you feel. If you want to send me your email address and/or your phone contact info, I can get the ball rolling for you today and we can have it finished by tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    USPS does not have tracking numbers. They are correct. From the Seidio website:

Seidioonline offers a variety of shipping methods with both the United States Postal Service (USPS) and with Federal Express (FedEx). Please be advised that our USPS Shipping methods do not include tracking or insurance. The following estimated transit time do not include the processing time of 1 to 2 business days. Seidioonline does not process orders on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.

Parcel Post indicates a 3-8 day shipping time. This is the 7th business day since the 13th
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Just unfortunate timing. Christine works until 1:30CST on M,W,F. The person who backs her up has been on vacation. I'm sorry and am not trying to make excuses or inferring that our systems are optimal, those are the facts. Christine will call you by tomorrow, but I certainly don't expect this to have an impact on how you feel. If you want to send me your email address and/or your phone contact info, I can get the ball rolling for you today and we can have it finished by tomorrow.
    David, either I am falling for the same trap or you are trying your best. It's 1:30 PST and I still have not received a call from Christine. I am very disappointed so far on both the company's support and your promise to follow through. At this point I don't know if anything you can do to salvage this issue.

UPDATE: I left yet another message with Christine. Either she's never at her desk or her job is NOT to answer calls coming in. Sorry Davis, more disappointment.
    I'm sorry to hear you guys have had some bad experiences, but I think they are a statistical minority.

I support about a dozen phones for our company and I've bought a lot of products from this company. Have i had problems, yes, probably twice. Are they the easiest to communicate with? No! However if you've done any reading on TC about Seidio products, David shows up and tries to straighten it out.

First of all, there's no other company out there that I know of (including Palm) that makes or sells as many products for the Treo as they do. That said I'm sure that thousands of sales go smoothly and without problems. You NEVER hear from those people. We do yell loud when there's a problem. I understand that, but any kind of search would show there is a contact here that you can talk to. With the kind of numbers they sell there are going to be problems.

David, this does come up enough though that I'd think your company needs to address your Customer Service.

I speak on a number of subjects in the optical field and one of my favorites is on Customer Service and/or rather the lack of it today in many organizations.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast