Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    I'm not impressed: (i) Entirely too many products ship from Seidio that "slip through" quality control; (ii) Posting on a message board to bolster one's image is hardly responsive to individuals who have independently and repeatedly failed to have things set right using more appropriate channels--posts here by "David" are just an attempt to polish Seidio's tarnished image; (iii) I just (re)discovered this thread, today. One would think if Seidio had a true interest in setting things right with me, I would have received a private message to please contact them. Nope, just pandering to the crowd, here.

Actually setting things straight is a far better indication of a company's worth than appearing concerned. If that had actually happened, you can be sure people would have returned to this forum to applaud Seidio's responsiveness. Customer reviews would be far more potent than a company rep's seeming interest in resolving problems--which continue to stay unresolved.
    Hi,

"David" here. Apparently, the public message I posted to you to contact me was something you thought of as "image polishing", and/or "pandering." You didn't reply to or contact me. If I had a defective or non-performing product (which I have, several times), I would make it my business to get satisfaction by either a refund or product replacement. It's easy to throw things at a stationary target, but when it comes to taking initiative, it's your money on the line. Think what you want; some folks have found help by coming this public route for whatever reason. Do you actually think that anyone would buy "there, there, we're sorry - what can we do to make it up to you?"
    - without any follow-up? Free country, throw stones, keep defective equipment, voice your American right to speech. These methods won't get your problems solved. Now, I know this isn't a PM, but if you would care to email me, I'll be happy to give you my phone number...heck, it's: 832-204-1104. Email me your phone number and I'll call you on my dime. Reply with another spear, and still not get anything resolved is certainly another option.
    David,

I put in a RMA request on Thursday morning, but have not heard anything back yet. Is this the normal timeframe or do I need to contact someone?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    David,

I put in a RMA request on Thursday morning, but have not heard anything back yet. Is this the normal timeframe or do I need to contact someone?
    Hi strohs,

You should receive an RMA number within 2 -3 days of submission. If you don't receive it by COB today, please email your order number and I'll make sure you get it first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
    Hi,

If you are having a problem that is not being resolved to your satisfaction, I highly suggest you contact our customer service manager, Margaret, at this number: 832-204-1118. If she is not the person to answer your call, please ask for her by name.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Hi strohs,

You should receive an RMA number within 2 -3 days of submission. If you don't receive it by COB today, please email your order number and I'll make sure you get it first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks for the fast followup. I sent you an email as I haven't heard anything today.

EDIT: Got my followup and RMA approved. Thanks for the fast response David...you rock!
    Last edited by stroths; 11/01/2006 at 06:04 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #46  
    I am also having mixed feeling about the support. I appreciate David stepping in and fixing issues here. I did send out my information and received an email from Seidio customer service person and got my RMA form to fill out and send in. She said once she received the unit, she will let me know that she received the unit and the RMA is being processed.

The tracking said they recieved the unit on Monday the 30th at 11:30AM. As of last night, I had not received an email confirming the receipt. So, last night I sent out an email asking for confirmation and I got it today.

So, while I appreciate David's speedy processing of issues but several things still comes to my mind. For company with that many product shipping, it seems their technical support is not competent and just don't care (this is observation from my phone and email conversation with their tech support people about this issue: slow response, don't spend time to diagnose the issues, not my department type of attitude). Also, from my understanding is that the RMA person is only part time and "back-up" person doesn't know how to issue the RMA (this is based on the fact that I was told to call back in few days because the RMA person is on vacation and no one else can process and the fact that she only works the morning of MWFs).

From this I can conclude that while one person is trying to keep the reputation of the company floating, the company doesn't have resources or attitude to make things right to the customers. I am not complaning about the process overall. What I am not still satisfied is when someone promises something, they should deliver it and when it's not their job, at least try to get customers in right direction. That's what customer support is all about.

I will update when I receive the unit back. BTW, they did upgrade me to the next model since they no longer make the older model. I will have to see if this one is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by eben333 View Post
    I am also having mixed feeling about the support. I appreciate David stepping in and fixing issues here. I did send out my information and received an email from Seidio customer service person and got my RMA form to fill out and send in. She said once she received the unit, she will let me know that she received the unit and the RMA is being processed.

The tracking said they recieved the unit on Monday the 30th at 11:30AM. As of last night, I had not received an email confirming the receipt. So, last night I sent out an email asking for confirmation and I got it today.

So, while I appreciate David's speedy processing of issues but several things still comes to my mind. For company with that many product shipping, it seems their technical support is not competent and just don't care (this is observation from my phone and email conversation with their tech support people about this issue: slow response, don't spend time to diagnose the issues, not my department type of attitude). Also, from my understanding is that the RMA person is only part time and "back-up" person doesn't know how to issue the RMA (this is based on the fact that I was told to call back in few days because the RMA person is on vacation and no one else can process and the fact that she only works the morning of MWFs).

From this I can conclude that while one person is trying to keep the reputation of the company floating, the company doesn't have resources or attitude to make things right to the customers. I am not complaning about the process overall. What I am not still satisfied is when someone promises something, they should deliver it and when it's not their job, at least try to get customers in right direction. That's what customer support is all about.

I will update when I receive the unit back. BTW, they did upgrade me to the next model since they no longer make the older model. I will have to see if this one is better.
    The best thing to do would be to write directly to our president. His email is: dsc@seidio.com. I can understand and sympathize with what you're saying. Unfortunately, I have limited powers as far as completely resolving a problem. I do my best to channel concerns to where they should ultimately be taken care of. I approach all questions on this forum as though I myself were the consumer. I'm vey picky about customer care and I wouldn't expect any less from all of you. I will continue to try and make sure that individual problems are addressed. I would ask all of you not receiving the support you are entitled to address emails to the person above. Please also cc: your emails to: margaret@seidio.com (customer service manager) and yours truly.
    Last edited by seidio1; 11/01/2006 at 01:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I don't own a single Seido product (although I'm very interested in the new rubberized case for the 700P), yet I can't stop myself from tuning in to this thread! It's like an internet soap opera!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I don't own a single Seido product (although I'm very interested in the new rubberized case for the 700P), yet I can't stop myself from tuning in to this thread! It's like an internet soap opera!
    Don't be afraid - jump in - the water's fine. :>
    Please. Taking initiative--that's really rich. Somehow your company's poor service and unresponsiveness to my prior, *repeated* requests for a replacement or credit is now my fault? I've brought this to your colleagues' attention. I've been down that dead-end road. At some point I just decided the value of my time was worth more than seeking relief--and so I simply shrugged this off. Now, that doesn't mean I'm not still pissed off. Accordingly, I'm sharing *my* experience with the board; others are free to draw their own conclusions. I'm but one person. The persuasiveness of my argument, however, lies in the fact that my story is far from unique.

C.C

Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Hi,

"David" here. Apparently, the public message I posted to you to contact me was something you thought of as "image polishing", and/or "pandering." You didn't reply to or contact me. If I had a defective or non-performing product (which I have, several times), I would make it my business to get satisfaction by either a refund or product replacement. It's easy to throw things at a stationary target, but when it comes to taking initiative, it's your money on the line. Think what you want; some folks have found help by coming this public route for whatever reason. Do you actually think that anyone would buy "there, there, we're sorry - what can we do to make it up to you?"
    - without any follow-up? Free country, throw stones, keep defective equipment, voice your American right to speech. These methods won't get your problems solved. Now, I know this isn't a PM, but if you would care to email me, I'll be happy to give you my phone number...heck, it's: 832-204-1104. Email me your phone number and I'll call you on my dime. Reply with another spear, and still not get anything resolved is certainly another option.
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 11/01/2006 at 05:45 PM.
    As promised I would give a follow up.

I have come to an acceptable solution with SEIDIO with respect to my original post as you find below.

I am only sorry it took so long and some encouragement was needed.

My hope is that they will improve the responsiveness in the future.

-----
    To answer some specific questions of other readers.
    - I ordered in the USA, so I have no experience with the European office
    - The (in December 2005 when I ordered this was the new model) carkits looked good, acceptable production quality, the GPS on the 4850 model worked as a charm. I also needed the carkit speaker mode badly (both on 4500 and 4850), they had both bad sound quality for a handsfree carkit. So the carkit speaker/microphone part was not usable in a driving car. I do not know whether that problem is solved now.... I now use a basic seidio car mount without GPS and speakerphone. Its a holder and charger. This works....
    - I ended up with an RMA that was not properly followed up. But now this is also solved...

Andre V.

Quote Originally Posted by voortuitgang View Post
    I am reading these post with very mixed feeling. I fully recognise the story of Seidio not following through. I received two mailfunctioning Treo carkits, a 4850 and a 4500 for the Treo 650 - untill now unresolved.

This David Silver is very friendly and writes very smoothly. In my case I had dozens of contacts with him and this did not resolve anything yet.

I have given Seidio my last call. If before the 2nd of november Seidio does not come through I will at least publish seidio's dealings with me.

So David Silver and David Chang. I see you are listing in on this forum. This is really you chance to follow through on your promises .

If seidio does solve it. I will let you guys know that you can still count on this company, if not ............ So keep tuned, this will be real live user feedback.

Andre V, The Netherlands.....
    i recently returned a broken crystal case. i got the rma within 48 hours and got a replacement in 2 weeks. 1 week would've been better, given that they said that they'd send a replacement if you provdied a copy of your confirmation # from usps. but all in all, its what's expected of returns these days.

overall, thumbs up for seidio
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=125413&page=7

They are still up to their old tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post

Kerry,

If you have any customer serive issue with Seidio, please give Margaret a call. I am sure your issue(s) will be resolved satisfactorily.

Her number 832-204-1118

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post

so the purpose of this post is....what? instead of tattling and *****ing, how about some constructive solutions and suggestions?

in their defense, this forum has one dedicated person from the company who appears to be on this forum, answering questions, responding politely and actively encouraging people to contact him directly. how many other vendors are doing that?

bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bobykim View Post
    so the purpose of this post is....what? instead of tattling and *****ing, how about some constructive solutions and suggestions?

in their defense, this forum has one dedicated person from the company who appears to be on this forum, answering questions, responding politely and actively encouraging people to contact him directly. how many other vendors are doing that?

bob
    Seems to me the real question should be how many other companies would need to have a presence on this forum? These guys have horrible support and horrible quality products. I speak from personal experience.
  17.    #57  
    Well, been busy so I haven't updated for a while. I did get the new model from Seidio, couple of days later than promised, but I am kind of satisfied that the problem has been resolved. I still think I shouldn't have to raise an issue about the services before I get a "preferential" treatment. My biggest issue is not that it takes a while to get things turn around per se, although I need the unit ASAP, the fact that bother me is that the fact there were zero communications from Seidio. I don't mean daily update or anything like that but if someone is gone for 10 days on a vacation, isn't it prudent to either have a back up person to step up and work harder to fulfill the needs or at least inform the customers that it will be late because of that reason.

Customers are not unreasonable, if there is a good excuse, we accept it. When there is a passing the buck attitude and no one informs us, we don't like it.

That being said, the new unit is much more prone to interference and I can't hear the callers at full volume half the time. Oh well, I give up. At least the GPS part works well. /sigh
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I personally think people here think that they should get the same service (ex. return periods) from an online distributor.
    That is not the case. The reason why products are generally cheaper than if you were to buy it in store is because they have less overhead to take care of.
    You buy something at a store, you return it there, it's easy and fast. We are such a connected,fast paced culture that if things aren't at our door the moment we pay for it with our credit card online. We start to get nervous, waiting for the mail man to come.

You don't want to pay $50 to ship it 1st class air, so that it arrives th enext day, pay the $5 to ship it by USPS and it'll get there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Take note of what time of year it is. Oh it's Christmas, maybe I'll get that product I ordered yesterday shipped by USPS by tomorrow. Good Luck.

I know what it is from both sides of the fence. I've done retail (front line CS job), now I work as a rep. Yes, certain people have had bad experiences, what company hasn't???

I ordered the extended battery, works flawlessly. I can go all day streaming internet radio!

And we fire off emails and expect a response in seconds flat. Imagine the number of emails a person gets a day. I get 100's of emails a day. CC's BCC's, etc.. That's just emails, that's not the "meat" of my job. I could sit at home all day returning emails, but I have to prioritize. I do try to respond to everything in a timely manner, but this "I emailed you, I demand a response immediately" (made possible with the Treo and BB) is getting out of hand.

Anyway, the point is this. Especially for us (we are the ones who love technology and things moving fast), if you ordered it, I know it's hard to not anticipate it, but relax, it'll get there in the time frame that is laid out. Watching the kettle boil is just going to infuriate you.

Now time for me to sit and wait for the charger, window mount, fm tuner and BSE to arrive =P
    I think it is a case of too much buisness for their size (# of people working there to field calls/e-mails and provide service ).
    They are aware of their performance issues and I am sure they are working on it. BUT... The fact is, service is slow and painfull with Seidio. Most people out in this thread could wouldn't have an issue AT ALL if they would simply do what they said.. 1-2 days for a response from Seidio. As you know this is a joke. They should just STOP all electronic RMA requests and have all people call in to get one. They are missing the electronic 1-2day response time by 7-10 days.
    People are getting mad at waiting 5 days and getting no response from them and then having to redo the whole process agian. Very easy to buy from them and very hard to return items.

I am not in retail but use retail based service quite a bit There is no good reason for their LACK of quality service.
    Quote Originally Posted by JiNnEr View Post
    I personally think people here think that they should get the same service (ex. return periods) from an online distributor.
    That is not the case. The reason why products are generally cheaper than if you were to buy it in store is because they have less overhead to take care of.
    You buy something at a store, you return it there, it's easy and fast. We are such a connected,fast paced culture that if things aren't at our door the moment we pay for it with our credit card online. We start to get nervous, waiting for the mail man to come.

You don't want to pay $50 to ship it 1st class air, so that it arrives th enext day, pay the $5 to ship it by USPS and it'll get there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Take note of what time of year it is. Oh it's Christmas, maybe I'll get that product I ordered yesterday shipped by USPS by tomorrow. Good Luck.

I know what it is from both sides of the fence. I've done retail (front line CS job), now I work as a rep. Yes, certain people have had bad experiences, what company hasn't???

I ordered the extended battery, works flawlessly. I can go all day streaming internet radio!

And we fire off emails and expect a response in seconds flat. Imagine the number of emails a person gets a day. I get 100's of emails a day. CC's BCC's, etc.. That's just emails, that's not the "meat" of my job. I could sit at home all day returning emails, but I have to prioritize. I do try to respond to everything in a timely manner, but this "I emailed you, I demand a response immediately" (made possible with the Treo and BB) is getting out of hand.

Anyway, the point is this. Especially for us (we are the ones who love technology and things moving fast), if you ordered it, I know it's hard to not anticipate it, but relax, it'll get there in the time frame that is laid out. Watching the kettle boil is just going to infuriate you.

Now time for me to sit and wait for the charger, window mount, fm tuner and BSE to arrive =P
    Actually IMHO people aren't angry with Treocentral. It's the manufacturer Seidio. In this case there is no excuse for their horrible quality and service.
    I've always enjoyed great service from TC. I've consistantly had horrible experience with Seidio.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast