Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The fact that David shows up on this forum consistently indicates a company dedicated to maintaining customer support. No one is perfect.

I have ordered tons of stuff from them, have had holsters break ( emailed pics, got new holster, n/c) , had incorrect stuff sent (sent prepaid mailer, correct item sent within a week), and have been very happy with thier customer support AND their products.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by eben333 View Post
    David, either I am falling for the same trap or you are trying your best. It's 1:30 PST and I still have not received a call from Christine. I am very disappointed so far on both the company's support and your promise to follow through. At this point I don't know if anything you can do to salvage this issue.

UPDATE: I left yet another message with Christine. Either she's never at her desk or her job is NOT to answer calls coming in. Sorry Davis, more disappointment.
    Please look at my original post again. I put it up today and told her she would call you by tomorrow, due to the fact that she isn't working today. I have your paperwork and we will get everything solved by tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    USPS service is totally dependent on their efficiency in your part of the country. Unfortunately, we've had people wait 2 weeks or more for their delivery. When we send out an email saying something has shipped, that is what happened. If it were up to me, I would eliminate USPS shipping options, but that would make shipping costs totally unreasonable to a goodly number of people. As far as a tracking number, you were given the correct info - there are no tracking numbers. If you call the USPS, they will tell you that Priority Mail should take 2 - 3 days, but they DON'T GUARANTEE it! They tell you to call them back if it takes longer than 2 weeks. 1st class mail is even slower. I'm sorry for the experience you're having, but we can't control the mail flow. If an item is returned to us due to a postal error, we ship it out again as soon as we receive it. I certainly can't blame you for feeling frustrated, I would definitely feel the same way. If you would send me your order information via direct email to the address below, or, PM, I will see what I can do to track your shipment down.
    Thanks for explaining things, David. I bought a case from you guys several months ago, and received it in about 3 days if I remember correctly. It's now 12 days and I haven't received my latest order. My frustration came about because I emailed Seidio and got a two line reply to the extent of "Sorry for the delay. USPS doesn't use tracking numbers." Your explanation is much more satisfying. I am in no hurry and I will be patient.

To Jaytee, USPS actually DOES have tracking numbers. Go to the USPS.com website and look on the right hand side of the screen. Tracking isn't as good as UPS or FedEx, though, as they don't provide detailed information. You only know when it was shipped and if they left a message at your door if the delivery man missed you. This is actually helpful information, as I am usually not at home when the delivery man stops. The delivery guy leaves a card, but those cards can get lost really easily in the junk mail that I throw out.
    Not quite pleased myself. Ordered a bundle kit yesterday and had a problem with it not letting me select the desired case. Got a call today about fixing the problem, but apparently the price went up $5 since yesterday, so I just cancelled it out of frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the above and I can't answer any question you may have unless you would care to email or PM me the details.
    I had done this several times when all this was going on and did not hear anything from you boys.
    I think making it so difficult to return something is VERY bad practice. Many have written here that have not tried to RETURN something to Sedio. Obtaining an RMA is BS. Why dont you guys give it to the customer when he calls you in the first place - like all other legit companies in this country?
    Anway, enough said. I will personally educate as many as I can not to buy from you.
    And asking me to email you now is a sham job in front of the forum. Get real. You have my email if YOU want to email me. I am a "registered" customer (read sucker) who kept coming back for more stuff until I had to return something.
    I can tell you that it is not always difficult to return things. I sent in an e-mail about a problem with a broken car cradle. E-mail response the next day gave me a link to the RMA form. Two days later, I had my RMA number, and off the cradle went for repair.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Thanks for explaining things, David. I bought a case from you guys several months ago, and received it in about 3 days if I remember correctly. It's now 12 days and I haven't received my latest order. My frustration came about because I emailed Seidio and got a two line reply to the extent of "Sorry for the delay. USPS doesn't use tracking numbers." Your explanation is much more satisfying. I am in no hurry and I will be patient.

To Jaytee, USPS actually DOES have tracking numbers. Go to the USPS.com website and look on the right hand side of the screen. Tracking isn't as good as UPS or FedEx, though, as they don't provide detailed information. You only know when it was shipped and if they left a message at your door if the delivery man missed you. This is actually helpful information, as I am usually not at home when the delivery man stops. The delivery guy leaves a card, but those cards can get lost really easily in the junk mail that I throw out.
    Thanks for the reply. At the very least, you have the right to informed, complete answers to your questions. I need to know when that doesn't happen so I can use my "influence" to insure that it does. I have a passion for customer service based upon my expectations as a consumer. It's good to hear about problems because they help to isolate and work on the area they are coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I had done this several times when all this was going on and did not hear anything from you boys.
    I think making it so difficult to return something is VERY bad practice. Many have written here that have not tried to RETURN something to Sedio. Obtaining an RMA is BS. Why dont you guys give it to the customer when he calls you in the first place - like all other legit companies in this country?
    Anway, enough said. I will personally educate as many as I can not to buy from you.
    And asking me to email you now is a sham job in front of the forum. Get real. You have my email if YOU want to email me. I am a "registered" customer (read sucker) who kept coming back for more stuff until I had to return something.
    I'm sorry that's your attitude, but the good news is America is an free enterprise country. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Not quite pleased myself. Ordered a bundle kit yesterday and had a problem with it not letting me select the desired case. Got a call today about fixing the problem, but apparently the price went up $5 since yesterday, so I just cancelled it out of frustration.
    Email me your order number and I'll look into it. You should be entitled to the original price.
    I've read so many posts here from people who have bad experiences with Seidio products, and customer service, that I will never buy anything from them. I honestly don't understand why any user of this site would buy from them. Virtually every product they introduce gets numerous posts for problems with fit, finish, or reliability.

It does seem that, usually, when David gets involved thingss eventually get resolved, but 1) why are there so many problems that need to be resolved, and 2) why can't the company resolve them without David's intervention.

I think if Seidio were an ebay seller, their feedback rating would down around 80% or worse. On ebay, that would drive you out of business.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say I received my Treo 700wx holster today. Took exactly two weeks from shipment, just as David said. USPS has always been my shipping method of choice, because, at least for me, it is the fastest and cheapest route. Not so this time.

I will say the quality of the holter is excellent. Not a single issue from that standpoint.

David, if it will help you, I will be happy to make a favorable review of my other holster from Seidio (ppc 6700) in your forum of choice. I would make one for the Treo's holster, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep the 700wx, so I plan on keeping it and the accessories I've bought in perfect shape (no real world usage) until I have decided. Thanks for visiting this forum and making an effort to help us out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say I received my Treo 700wx holster today. Took exactly two weeks from shipment, just as David said. USPS has always been my shipping method of choice, because, at least for me, it is the fastest and cheapest route. Not so this time.

I will say the quality of the holter is excellent. Not a single issue from that standpoint.

David, if it will help you, I will be happy to make a favorable review of my other holster from Seidio (ppc 6700) in your forum of choice. I would make one for the Treo's holster, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep the 700wx, so I plan on keeping it and the accessories I've bought in perfect shape (no real world usage) until I have decided. Thanks for visiting this forum and making an effort to help us out.
    It's actually my pleasure to be here. I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to work with a company that you feel doesn't care about things. Despite other's experiences and postings, I want all to know that we are honestly trying our best to make up for past (and current) mistakes and give everyone more confidence in buying and using our products. I appreciate all the feedback on the forums and never take anything personally. We can only learn from our mistakes and try to be better. If that doesn't work, you, the consumer, will determine how successful we will or won't be. Feel free to share your review any place that you think other users would benefit from it. Thanks very much for your feedback and offer.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Personally, I think the reason you hear so many gripes here about Seido products is because when you do, David steps to the plate and makes it right. On the one hand, that encourages the behavior, but lest we forget:

What other accessory maker (Vaja? Sena? E&B? Innopocket? Rhinoskin? Helix? Cellet? TomTom? Boxwave? Palm? Krussell? Codi? ItzKitz? BodyGlove? GlobalSat? CoPilot?) is in here every single day communicating and taking feedback from users like us?

You call Palm, and you get India. You come here with Seido issues, and you get a real live person named David who actually comunicates with us.

And before I sound too much like a shill, I don't own a single Seido product, but I read these forums daily, and this CS this guy gives is second to none, including his willingness to crack the whip on other people in the company not keeping up with him.

I'm just saying, cut Seido some slack. I am not doubting that some people have had bad luck with their products, but I don't see any of those other companies here working it out.

On second thought, I am kind of glad Palm dosen't hang out here.

No! It wasn't me who voided his warranty (twice)! I don't uh, have a 4GB SD card? FAT32? What does that mean! It was, uh, Shadowboxer! Yeah! That's the ticket!
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    I am reading these post with very mixed feeling. I fully recognise the story of Seidio not following through. I received two mailfunctioning Treo carkits, a 4850 and a 4500 for the Treo 650 - untill now unresolved.

This David Silver is very friendly and writes very smoothly. In my case I had dozens of contacts with him and this did not resolve anything yet.

I have given Seidio my last call. If before the 2nd of november Seidio does not come through I will at least publish seidio's dealings with me.

So David Silver and David Chang. I see you are listing in on this forum. This is really you chance to follow through on your promises .

If seidio does solve it. I will let you guys know that you can still count on this company, if not ............ So keep tuned, this will be real live user feedback.

Andre V, The Netherlands.....
    Andre,

1. What has been the problem with the two carkits?

2. Have you asked for a simple return RMA?

3. Are you dealing with a European Office, or with the US Office?

John
    I'm not impressed: (i) Entirely too many products ship from Seidio that "slip through" quality control; (ii) Posting on a message board to bolster one's image is hardly responsive to individuals who have independently and repeatedly failed to have things set right using more appropriate channels--posts here by "David" are just an attempt to polish Seidio's tarnished image; (iii) I just (re)discovered this thread, today. One would think if Seidio had a true interest in setting things right with me, I would have received a private message to please contact them. Nope, just pandering to the crowd, here.

Actually setting things straight is a far better indication of a company's worth than appearing concerned. If that had actually happened, you can be sure people would have returned to this forum to applaud Seidio's responsiveness. Customer reviews would be far more potent than a company rep's seeming interest in resolving problems--which continue to stay unresolved.
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 10/29/2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Well Put. Completely agree.
    I just don't understand why TC sells their products!!

Actually, don't understand why anyone would sell their junk.
    My intention is not to start a war with you, but I did want to respond. When I order products from other companies, they arrive as represented. On the rare occasion this does not happen, they effect a prompt exchange or refund. I don't have to go to some message board to type at some representative who claims he'll make things right--and who ultimately doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Personally, I think the reason you hear so many gripes here about Seido products is because when you do, David steps to the plate and makes it right. On the one hand, that encourages the behavior, but lest we forget:

What other accessory maker (Vaja? Sena? E&B? Innopocket? Rhinoskin? Helix? Cellet? TomTom? Boxwave? Palm? Krussell? Codi? ItzKitz? BodyGlove? GlobalSat? CoPilot?) is in here every single day communicating and taking feedback from users like us?

You call Palm, and you get India. You come here with Seido issues, and you get a real live person named David who actually comunicates with us.

And before I sound too much like a shill, I don't own a single Seido product, but I read these forums daily, and this CS this guy gives is second to none, including his willingness to crack the whip on other people in the company not keeping up with him.

I'm just saying, cut Seido some slack. I am not doubting that some people have had bad luck with their products, but I don't see any of those other companies here working it out.

On second thought, I am kind of glad Palm dosen't hang out here.

No! It wasn't me who voided his warranty (twice)! I don't uh, have a 4GB SD card? FAT32? What does that mean! It was, uh, Shadowboxer! Yeah! That's the ticket!
    Ordered 2 items from seidio and no problems either time
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    My intention is not to start a war with you, but I did want to respond. When I order products from other companies, they arrive as represented. On the rare occasion this does not happen, they effect a prompt exchange or refund. I don't have to go to some message board to type at some representative who claims he'll make things right--and who ultimately doesn't.
    Read my sig. It is pretty hard to start a war with me.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast