1.    #1  
    After numerous problems with Versamail, I have installed Chattermail. Now I want to get rid of Versamail. The Palm won't allow me to delete it. I've tried to delete the program using the delete function. It doesn't show up on the list of programs. I've tried to delete it using VFILE but it says that the program is in ROM and can't be deleted. I've turned off Autosync on all email accounts in Versamail but somehow it has created a phantom account and keeps giving me the message that "Scheduled Get Failed". How do I get Versamail off of my phone?
    Try the freeware Obfuscate. You can't get rid of programs in ROM, but you can hide them!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    You can remove Versamail from the ROM by using the ROM Tools. I have done it on my Treo 650
  4.    #4  
    I'm not familiar with the ROM tools. is that a software product? I need to take this step because the other suggestion didn't work.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I have a 700p on verizon, and I was able to remove it by doing a hard reset and reinstall from backup leaving versamail out. I'm pretty sure on Sprint it's in the ROM, which means even after a hard reset Versamail will still be there.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I have a 700p on verizon, and I was able to remove it by doing a hard reset and reinstall from backup leaving versamail out. I'm pretty sure on Sprint it's in the ROM, which means even after a hard reset Versamail will still be there.
    I am using Resco. When i go to restore, which files do I deselect? Thanks