1.    #1  
    Hi, I have Treo 650 unlocked, from Ciingular. I want to update this one but I'm not sure exactly what software version I must to use.

My phone has the Treo650-1.15-CNG. If I use the Cingular update, my phone will get blocked again? What Palm means when they say "subsidy unlock"? is there another way to unlock?

Regards...
    The update will not re-lock your phone. You'll be fine.
    Subsidy unlock basically allows your Cingular phone to be used with any GSM network (just pop in the sim).

Click here for the version that you need:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3. jagooch
    Will the update work even if you have customized your ROM? Mine is customized by removing some apps and installing the FAT32 file system driver. I would hope that by now the FAT32 drives is standard on the Treo 650 firmware image, instead of being a hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagooch View Post
    I would hope that by now the FAT32 drives is standard on the Treo 650 firmware image, instead of being a hack.
    It isn't
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    The update will not re-lock your phone. You'll be fine.
    Subsidy unlock basically allows your Cingular phone to be used with any GSM network (just pop in the sim).

Click here for the version that you need:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html
    Thanks Mistercoffee1; I'll start the update.
  6. jagooch
    Grr. First no memory upgrade, then Windows Mobile, and now no FAT32 driver update. Treo is doing everything they can to lose me as a customer.

Not that anyone cares. I just needed to vent.

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagooch View Post
    Will the update work even if you have customized your ROM? Mine is customized by removing some apps and installing the FAT32 file system driver. I would hope that by now the FAT32 drives is standard on the Treo 650 firmware image, instead of being a hack.
    Based on your signature, there is nothing to update as you have the latest version anyway (besides the fact that you want FAT32 support).
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  8.    #8  
    Hey guys tell me something, after had done the Cingular update, is possible to change the Fat for the Fat32 file that you mentioned using the RoomTool?
    Yes

10.    #10  
    Well guys... it's done !!! I updated my Treo 650 from 1.15-CNG to 1b.17 CNG.
    No problems so far...
  11.    #11  
    Question...after the update to 1b.17-CNG a new apllication appears: ROM Updater, which has 5161 K !!! it is usefull? it can be erased?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabed View Post
    Question...after the update to 1b.17-CNG a new apllication appears: ROM Updater, which has 5161 K !!! it is usefull? it can be erased?
    Delete it, that was used to do the update.

13.    #13  
    What about Firmware Updater v.4.0 size:2364K... sorry for be so obtrusive...