1.    #1  
    Anybody try this on their desktop?

Check out:

http://local.live.com/

The "Bird's Eye" view is incredible! Even better than Google's Satellite view.

Unfortunately, I can't get the site to work on my Treo 700p.

Does the site only work for a desktop computer?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Doesn't even work properly on firefox.

Not to mention it doesn't point to the correct house when you search by address.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    works fine on firefox for me. still not completely accurate and images are at least a year or two old.

That said, this satellite stuff is getting creepier and creepier. Don't privacy laws exist for this type of stuff?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    If you're the kind to allow satellites to come and go inside your house as they wish, then yes, you may worry for your privacy.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    huh?
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    nope, definitly not working on my VZW 700p...
    noodlelest wet noodler
    No, there are no such privacy laws. And the same thing can be accomplished with a plane flying over your house with a camera. Go down to your local court house and look up the aerial maps. Chill out, bud.
    I think there is a legitimate privacy concern when the images become "too recent". There can be no reasonable objection to posting aerial/satillite photos that are - to some degree - dated. But the notion of going to Google Earth to check and see if my car was parked outside my girlfriend's house last week...or this morning...that would be an unreasonable invasion of privacy and would probably prompt some sort of legislation. Once Google Earth becomes a stalker tool, it goes from Gee Whiz to "Oh Sh*t".
    the maps are outdated, the quality is worse than google, and it does not work on my treo so why bother.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Per New York State law, it's entirely legal to take pictures in public street. You are supposed to ask owner permition to take a picture of the private property but newspaper photographers ignore it anyway..