1.    #1  
    My employer is getting a few GSM cell phones to carry when you travel internationally, rather than expense the calls from your account later.

I called T-Mobile and asked them to unlock my Treo 600 so that I can swap the SIM. The rep said no problem, and I received an email 2 days later with the subject saying T-Mobile unlock. But there was nothing in the email other than a T-Mobile graphic header. No instructions, etc.

I've called to verify that my phone is unlocked, but I keep getting the same empty email. How can I figure this out before I'm in Europe trying to get my phone to work? I don't know anyone with Cingular service here -- Verizon and Sprint are more common.

Bree
    MessagePad 120 --> IIIxe --> Visor Neo Blue --> T615C --> Tungsten E --> TG50 --> Treo 600 & T│X --> Treo 680 Copper
    Only way to tell is with another SIM. Find a cingular store or other cingular retailer and ask to try a SIM.

If it's not unlocked there's a patch over at mytreo.net that you can request and it will unlock the phone
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I guess my real question is, can they unlock me remotely?

Bree
    MessagePad 120 --> IIIxe --> Visor Neo Blue --> T615C --> Tungsten E --> TG50 --> Treo 600 & T│X --> Treo 680 Copper
    Quote Originally Posted by breegenie View Post
    I guess my real question is, can they unlock me remotely?

Bree
    Who? T-mobile? If they give you the appropriate subsidy unlock code over the phone yes, otherwise no (you have to enter the code into the phone in order to unlock it)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."