1.    #1  
    I tested PDAnet, just fine with my T700. Currently I got mine & my wife's hotsynced to the same laptop. Am I supposed to buy a 2nd license for the same software if I want her to have access to PDAnet?
    If both usernames on both handhelds are the SAME, then you can use PDA Net on both. Since you are both synching to the same computer, I bet that is NOT the case!!

The registration key is tied into the Username (as is the case with most registered software).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    If both usernames on both handhelds are the SAME, then you can use PDA Net on both. Since you are both synching to the same computer, I bet that is NOT the case!!

The registration key is tied into the Username (as is the case with most registered software).
    Chucks! .. that is the case. We need separate synching, because I don't want my data files, etc mixed with hers & viceversa. There must be a witty way around this....hummm
    One solution is for each of you to synch with a separate PC, but use the same hotsynch username.
    The other is to get another registration code from June Fabrics.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #5  
    Well, I'm trying to cut costs & want PDAnet as dialup backup for a PC & Laptop. I want to disconnect my ISP. My main broadband will be my next project: a Wi-Fi 2.4ghz Antenna.
    Are you using pdanet on the 700P with EVDO? If so, how is that working for you. I am waiting for my upgrade to the 700P in the mail tomorrow. Rather than the addtional $40/month, I am thinking about PDAnet with the evdo on sprint. Your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Pilottreo1
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1 View Post
    Are you using pdanet on the 700P with EVDO? If so, how is that working for you. I am waiting for my upgrade to the 700P in the mail tomorrow. Rather than the addtional $40/month, I am thinking about PDAnet with the evdo on sprint. Your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Pilottreo1
    In one word...excellent! I've used PDAnet ever since the Treo 600 days. This latest version takes advantage of EVDO speeds and installation is very smooth, as compared to USModem. Furthermore, PDAnet has two ways to synch: USB or Proxy. Proxy is just in case your provider questions your high usage...then connection as proxy is just like any other application & won't be detected. People don't like it because of the price tag, but to me; it's worth every penny. Either way, I wouldn't use it for downloading music & stuff like that.