1.    #1  
    For some unknown reason, I have been getting a sudden unexplained blinking orange LED. It significantly slows down the entire Treo. I have Butler installed and this isn't even an LED option. I can't clear it by hitting Butler's LED reset button. I haven't tried to call Verizon yet as my experience with them is that tech support for non-connectivity issues is useless. It will clear after soft reset.
    Sounds like you have an application that is "messing" with your LED settings if it clears on a reset. After it clears, try to find out what you launch or what button you push that causes it to start again.
  3.    #3  
    That was my first thought. I ran pTunes shortly before but closed it. Chatter always runs in background and it was never a problem before unless new beta has caused it. I checked SMS messages and opened Handdbase which had never been problems in past and I can't reproduce it by opening these.
    Doesn't VZW make the LED orange when data is being transmitted over 1xRTT (and perhaps EVDO)?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #5  
    I don't think so. I am in a heavily EVDO penetrated area and I've never seen this slow blinking orange during normal transmission. However, next time I see it I will try to manually disconnect from the network to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I am a VZW user and the Treo 700p has the following LED color codes:

Blinking Green: Phone connected to network. If in data mode, indicates connected to EVDO speeds
    Slow Blinking LED: item pending that needs attention (i.e. Calendar appointment)
    Blinking Orange: Connection to network lost, trying to reconnect.
    Solid Orange: Only when in data mode, indicates 1xRTT connection
    Blinking Red: Battery low.

When in docked mode (USB cable connected to computer)

Solid Green: Battery charged
    Solid Orange: Battery charging

Hope this helps.

[Edit: The above mentioned LEDs are for default operation without 3rd party apps handling the LEDs)
    Last edited by waldo15; 10/19/2006 at 07:02 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Call Rec. An inadverdant press of the side button. It was a pinheaded idea to set this to record without any screen notification. I purposefully recorded a phone call, went into the menu and found all these inadvertant recordings some as long as 51 minutes before I decided to reset. I'll move on to figuring out somebody else's problem.
    LOL! You never said you had that app installed

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    For some unknown reason, I have been getting a sudden unexplained blinking orange LED. It significantly slows down the entire Treo. I have Butler installed and this isn't even an LED option. I can't clear it by hitting Butler's LED reset button. I haven't tried to call Verizon yet as my experience with them is that tech support for non-connectivity issues is useless. It will clear after soft reset.
    Sounds to me as though you have lost signal. Blinking orange means that the phone is on but that it does not see a cell. Trying turning the phone off and then on.