Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First I want to thank Gadgetplus for sending me an antenna to review it. Now let's go to the exciting part.

Pre-Installation:
    The antenna looks exactly like the original one, but without the extra bulk. Taking the original antenna out was really ease. Pretty much if you are good at changing batteries that require you to use a screw driver then this should be piece of cake for you. Note that you need the Torx 5 screw driver. At first you might feel that the antenna is not coming out easily after you take the screw out, but you just need to pull it forward and you are done.

Installation:
    Pretty straight forward. Just make sure the shape of the antenna matches the shape of the antenna hole in the Treo and push it down until it clicks. Yes it is not a light push, but do it with confidence. Put the screw in and you are done.

Removing the zero antenna:
    This is a bit tricky. I would strongly recommend that you keep the tape until you are sure that you are not going to take it out again. The problem is that you are going to need to use a push pin or thin needle to remove the antenna from the side opening. It comes out fairly easy, but it doesn't feel like something you want to do again because involves some patience.

Installing the original antenna:

Just push it in until it clicks and you are done. Of course, you need to put the screw in.

Antenna Performance:
    This part is somewhat controversial. If you've been reading older antenna's threads you know what I mean.
    First I have to say that I live in an area that has very good signal. I never have any problems whatsoever with my calls and data. I did my testing using ZLauncher* and looking at the Treo signal bars.

Initial signal with the original antenna:
    -Full bars (6 bars)

No antenna:
    -Down to 2 to 3
    -*89 to *97

With Zero antenna

-5 to 6 bars
    -*74 to *79

Overall, I like the gadgetplus zero antenna and I am going to give it a fair try during this week.

Yes, I have pictures:

Al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QUESTION: how did you deal with the warranty sticker?
    That just looks weird. Like a 700P/WX trying to be a 750V.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    QUESTION: how did you deal with the warranty sticker?
    Peel it with a needle. I comes out really easy. Save it and put it back on the screw when you are done.

Al
    did you have to heat the sticker first?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    did you have to heat the sticker first?
    I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. It is a simple thing.

Al
    Nice. Where did you get it? Best price?
    Search the users for Gadgetplus... he has a link to Ebay or PM him!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Kinda looks like there should be a spring release on that antenna, so that you could pop it up like a writing pen when you need better reception and then push it in again when you don't - LOL!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Interested in hearing your long term review!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Thanks for testing this out and sharing. Pics look great, I'm also interested in your long term analysis.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I think it looks great. If it maintains 90% of its reception capability I think its well worth it. Keep us updated!
    Treolo, totally OT: What is the "1X" in the green box at the top right of your Treo screen?
    I am curious about the 1x signal button as well. I have a blue up and down arrows icon in place of that...
    That means the phone is not in an EVDO area. That is the slower 1xRTT data speed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    I am curious about the 1x signal button as well. I have a blue up and down arrows icon in place of that...
    It's because he has an overaly on there, some of the custom overlays show the green intead of the standard blue Sprint arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That means the phone is not in an EVDO area. That is the slower 1xRTT data speed.
    I have been to a number of non-EDVO areas and I have never seen that icon. Here is a shot from the manual that shows only the icons I see. The signal bar has 2 green up and down arrows indicate 1x and when showing blue arrows indicate EDVO. Why do you think some people have it and others don't?

Edit: Thanks albertb...you wrote in just before me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anyone compared this to the shorter antenna at www.treoantenna.com?

For the zero antenna (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgadgetplussg) which is the right one for the 700P?
    Last edited by dslunceford; 10/19/2006 at 02:22 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Sprint and Verizon have different icons. Sprint does not show "1x", but instead shows green arrows (I believe). If you look in the Verizon 700p manual, you will see the difference. However, there are overlays you can download from Shadomite's website that will display the Verizon icons on a Sprint 700p
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    It doesn't look quite as bad as I thought it would, but I'm still gonna wait for the version from Zoti. It just looks better to me. Buy hey, for free, I'd post a good review of a paper clip and some duct tape.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast