Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    i got my antenna in the mail on tuesday, but was unable to install it till tonight as i was on vacation. i must admit, it is freaking cool. the best $20 ever spent on my treo 700p. thanks sooooo much!
    I received my antenna today.

Installation was easy. However, when I went to try to remove the antenna to take the tape off the tape just came off leaving the antenna in.

This isn't a problem per say but what happens if I do decide I want to remove the antenna? How do I get it out without the tape on?

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the Gadgetplus antenna is almost flush with the device where as the "Treo Antenna", which I guess is the competition, sticks up a bit more. Is there a reason for this?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I can't speak for zoti, but I presume that it has to do with the finish. Being a zoti user, I know the cap it self detaches from the antenna and can be glued back on to tailor the look or finish.

I really like mine. How is the Gadgetplus?
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    What do you mean "to tailor the look or finish".
    The 700 and 650 series are slightly different on the fit. Removing the cap on the Zoti and repositioning it makes it fit either model well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    With the zoti antenna, there were issues with it having a gap in the back where the ridge of the phone case didn't line up with the underside of the "cap". One solution was to "pop" the top off and realign the cap.
    Here is the thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...117934&page=56
    This will explain it a little better.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Thanks for the thoughts.

I've just ordered the "Treo Antenna" so I can have both to compare.

I'll see which way looks better, the flush or not.
    You can remove the antenna as per mention from
    - How to remove a short/'ZERO' Treo Antenna
    Thanks gadgetplus.

The antenna looks great and that's half the battle.

I'll see how it performs reception wise when I head out in a little while.
    yes definitely intereseted in feedback with this, i would rather keep original antenna if i am going to loose signal strength, and there are also a few choices for short antennas, we should start a poll to see which one works better
    The new antenna is working well.

I've yet to be without a signal anywhere. I have noticed a low signal (6-10) inside a few buildings but assume it would be very similar with the default antenna installed. It also didn't stop me from making/receiving calls or sending messages.
    No polls needed. Just searching finds many tests which all show the Zoti antenna to get the best reception.
    I can't complain about the antenna. It hasn't restricted me from making any calls, texting, or surfing the web. I really have not even noticed a change in the signal status... it seems to be the same as it was with the standard antenna. I am very happy with it.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    After 4 days with the Zero, I've definitely noticed a slight dip in real world reception in a few places. Since installing the antenna I've actually found that the 700p reports no phone service on several occasions, which never happened with the stock antenna in the same place. I also experienced a longer period of time without reception than ever before, long enough to actually shut off the phone on at least one occasion. Short periods of no reception (i.e., elevators) will not shut off the phone. I also had one experience where my phone did not ring while in a particular store where I have always been able to get calls on many previous occasions without incident.

I love the looks, so I'm keeping it for now to do further testing, but I'm ordering the Zoti to see if I get better real world results.
    You will get better reception with the Zoti.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Make a long story short.. I wouldn't go with GagetPlus..
    Not happy with mine and am stuck with it..
    I think I'm going to order a Zoti.

There are no performance issues with my GPZA but the finish at the top flaked off in record time and their policy is I have to return mine first to get a replacement. I can't do that. I accidently threw away the original antenna!

I even offered to pay up first with Paypal as a deposit, but no go. It's not a money thing to me, more of a principal issue.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Make a long story short.. I wouldn't go with GagetPlus..
    Not happy with mine and am stuck with it..
    What don't you like about yours? I am in love with mine
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    What don't you like about yours? I am in love with mine
    I don't like the way it looks on mine and also no Antenna concept doesn't work for me and my case. It's not for everyone I found out. I use the antenna to pull it out of my side case all the time.
    Nicely asked for a refund within a day of getting it and got the cold shoulder.
    No refunds, on products, just doesn't fly with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    I think I\'m going to order a Zoti.

There are no performance issues with my GPZA but the finish at the top flaked off in record time and their policy is I have to return mine first to get a replacement. I can\'t do that. I accidently threw away the original antenna!

I even offered to pay up first with Paypal as a deposit, but no go. It\'s not a money thing to me, more of a principal issue.
    Shockingly bad customer service. Just one more reason to get the zoti antenna.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast