Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 164
  1. #81  
    Mine just arrived! Gonna install it tonight!

    [10 PM] Done. Awesome! Thanks Gadgetplus!
    Last edited by Ohmster; 11/11/2006 at 12:01 AM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  2. #82  
    again i ask, is the radiation level higher now w/this antenna? after a 20 minute call, my inner ear is just not happy... =\
  3. #83  
    The SAR (Specific absorption rate) value should be the same for stock antenna & ZERO, since both use the same antenna element.
    As mention from another thread, the same stock element is fitted into ZERO.

    So the SAR value varies from users, some 'absorb' more, some less.
  4. #84  
    I want a retractable antenna that when retracted (flush), works as well as the OEM antenna. In a weak signal area, it will pop up automatically and provide additional gain to pull in the RF. Ok, someone go and design it!
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    The SAR (Specific absorption rate) value should be the same for stock antenna & ZERO, since both use the same antenna element.
    As mention from another thread, the same stock element is fitted into ZERO.

    So the SAR value varies from users, some 'absorb' more, some less.
    It's too bad that you're wrong about the way that antennas work. Remember that when the signal (reception) decreases, the phone has to increase transmission power to compensate. While the maximum SAR might not change since the same antenna element is being used (though in a slightly different location), the SAR seen by the user might increase substantially if the reception decreases.
  6. #86  
    i see...this is gonna make me wanna use my bt headset but i just hate that thing. grrrr!
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    It's too bad that you're wrong about the way that antennas work. Remember that when the signal (reception) decreases, the phone has to increase transmission power to compensate. While the maximum SAR might not change since the same antenna element is being used (though in a slightly different location), the SAR seen by the user might increase substantially if the reception decreases.
    Being that the signal strength does not seem to degrade by any significant amount as reported by many of us who have installed the GPZA, this seems to be a moot point, no?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    Being that the signal strength does not seem to degrade by any significant amount as reported by many of us who have installed the GPZA, this seems to be a moot point, no?
    Yes, if the signal strength for the individual user doesn't change with the new antenna than the SAR shouldn't change either. Some have reported no change while others have reported large drops in reception.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Yes, if the signal strength for the individual user doesn't change with the new antenna than the SAR shouldn't change either. Some have reported no change while others have reported large drops in reception.
    Large drops ?
    nightlight, your credibility is questionable.

    as for the rest, follow nightlight's posts will know.
    based or biased ?
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Large drops ?
    nightlight, your credibility is questionable.

    as for the rest, follow nightlight's posts will know.
    based or biased ?
    You reported a 20% decrease yourself. Should I quote you or has your memory returned?
  11. #92  
    Haha, this will continue to be a endless debate for someone who have never use 'ZERO' antenna.
    My own findings are for users to know that the signal may drop to 15~20%, and nothing is perfect.
    While the reviews(by users who own one) shown no different from stock.

    Next time before you quote "while others have reported large drops in reception.", you better ask 'them' for permission.

    Do you own a 'ZERO' antenna ?
  12. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Haha, this will continue to be a endless debate for someone who have never use 'ZERO' antenna.
    My own findings are for users to know that the signal may drop to 15~20%, and nothing is perfect.
    While the reviews(by users who own one) shown no different from stock.

    Next time before you quote "while others have reported large drops in reception.", you better ask 'them' for permission.

    Do you own a 'ZERO' antenna ?
    Um, you're the one who posted the 20% drop in reception. You even posted before and after numbers that proved it. Sounds like you're really confused.
  13. #94  
    Gadgetplus and Nightlight,

    This is going nowhere fast. Can you just agree to disagree and leave it at that?

    I personally have not noted a drop on my phone when placed next to my wife's OEM 700p but others may.

    Does anyone have any data as to what impact a 20% drop will have on the SAR levels?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  14. #95  
    Got mine and installed tonite -- super simple and Gadget plus even added the bit of tape to the side of the antennae for those that may want to remove later (I've left it for now, will remove tomorrow).

    Two things -- the sticker ripped when I tried to pry it out with a needle -- it was really tight over the screw -- all and all, not a huge deal.

    Second, my early comparisons show a slight decrease in reception compared to stock. I'll compare at work tomorrow and post (we're talking -96 changed to -97 or -98, not tremendous variances).

    I also really like the look -- to each his own, but I somewhat prefer the appearance vs Zoti's based on screen shots to date (I think I dig the little ridge around the back that the orig antenna sat against).
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  15. #96  
    just got mine and installed it today as well, I am very pleased and my signal is still the same, no complaints.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

    http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  16. #97  
    Last edited by dslunceford; 11/21/2006 at 07:51 AM.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  17. #98  
    Good pictures and tests. Looks like the zero only hurts reception a bit but shouldn't cause too many problems unless you're already in a low-signal area.
  18. #99  
    Just installed mine, i did not see too much of a difference in signal drop specially in high reception areas, everything is working perfect took 2 minutes to install.
  19. Hanuman's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Some pics and comparisons of RSSI Values



    http://lh6.google.com/image/dsluncef...8/IMG_1419.JPG
    That looks great! What case are you using?
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P

Posting Permissions