Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    He already said that he can't do Buy It Nows and refuses to list them at a set price in order to drive the prices up.
    I'm having doubts that nightlight understand all my previous post or he simply do not like me.

Let me explain again.
    As a new seller in ebay, I can't list an item with 'Buy it Now' as I need a rating of 15 & above. And I have not control over anyone who willingly bid high for my products. Read my listing in ebay, those line in RED.

Currently, ebay just enable my 'End Item' early function. And I will be closing all item asap whenever I can.

rick2203, could you enlighten everyone from my previous PM. Greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetplus View Post
    Currently, ebay just enable my 'End Item' early function. And I will be closing all item asap whenever I can.
    Um, what? I think this is why so many people are consfused.

I see that you've fixed your signature so that people can PM you directly. Good idea.
    hey Gadgetplus, sorry man, i totally forgot as a ebay seller myself i remember when i didnt have enough feedback to do buy nows, hes right, theres no way for him to do buynow unless he has enough feedback, ill just keep bidding until some bozo doesnt decide to outbid me, im not in a rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan View Post
    "If the performance isn't severely degraded (and radiation doesn't get even worse than the stock one - yikes!), I'd be interested in doing this for $15-20 bucks tops. Once it gets into the thirty dollar range, I'd expect it to be well tested, available through a local dealer who can easily handle warranty issues, etc. Sending $30 off to Singapore with a return policy of "All sales are final, no refunds are available" on an undocumented hardware hack to my main means of communication seems a little too risky, health and financially."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/viewpost.gif
    I think you're missing the point.

I'm just surprised that people will get in a bidding war and run the price up to $41 when you can buy one easily at $29.

am I really?
    Ok, guess I'm the poster boy for "just get a higher paying job instead of stating your perceived value of this item." Guilty, I guess.

It is common knowledge that most nonprofits aren't paying the big bucks of Enron, Halliburton, Chevron etc. that feel that "money is no object" to everything. (Except when it comes to paying the cleaning staff, of course).

You can keep your high-paying job that apparently insulates you from having to think about and navigate the realities of a market system, and I'll stay in my relatively low-paying nonprofit job with the opinion that I'd be interested in this at about $20, but not at $30...

"Just make more money" is not always the solution to all of your troubles and choices.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    are there detailed installation instructions, particularly how to get rid of the old antenna?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Forget it, it's very easy, works well so far.
    Yep, so far so good for me. All you do is pop off the rubber stopper directly underneath the antenna (the small one, not the big one) and puncture the paper seal with the screwdriver, unscrew, and pull the antenna out. It should pop out fairly easily. With the zero antenna, you have to give it a solid push in there until you hear a click...
    Anyway, it looks great. I catch jealous stares every now and then
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Yep, so far so good for me. All you do is pop off the rubber stopper directly underneath the antenna (the small one, not the big one) and puncture the paper seal with the screwdriver, unscrew, and pull the antenna out. It should pop out fairly easily. With the zero antenna, you have to give it a solid push in there until you hear a click...
    Anyway, it looks great. I catch jealous stares every now and then
    Alternatively, if you want to keep your warranty intact, you can use a small flathead screwdriver or a needle to gently pry the sticker off of the antenna screw, do the replacement, screw the screw back in then gently return the sticker and the plug.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Alternatively, if you want to keep your warranty intact, you can use a small flathead screwdriver or a needle to gently pry the sticker off of the antenna screw, do the replacement, screw the screw back in then gently return the sticker and the plug.
    Yeah, it was even pretty easy for me to peel the sticker away with the torx screwdriver included with the antenna. I can't wait to try the new setup in areas where I had lowish signal. I'll let you guys know if it is dramatically different.
    GadgetPlus, what's your stocking situation? It seems whenever I hit eBay I never see an auction for the 700P version...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Thanks for notifying.
    The link is working now!

Just got a PM whether I'm still selling ZERO antenna.
    YES, I do! It is always shipping now.

Get the PROVEN ZERO that works with Treo 650 & 700.
    Reviews as follow
    - Gadgetplus Zero Antenna Review on the Sprint Treo 700p - Treolo
    - ZERO for Treo 650 micro-review - ixtab1970 with pic
    - michelle's pink Treo 700 & comments
    - christo1970's comment
    - gteo's comment
    - Chazzan's comment
    More to come!

- Last spoiler

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1969/teastersk3.jpg

Will be releasing black Treo 650 antenna by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    GadgetPlus, what's your stocking situation? It seems whenever I hit eBay I never see an auction for the 700P version...
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I got my 700p antenna in a week. I purchased direct from gadgetplus. The antenna fit perfect and was a snap to install. There is a small ridge on the back half of the treo case that runs around the top of the antenna area. I filed that off and rounded the outer edges of the treo case halves around the antenna. This takes the sharp edge off and makes it look more like the other edges of the treo case that have a radius instead of a sharp edge.

Yes at time I notice a 1 bar reduced signal, but in general I still have the same signal level indication in the phone app that I had before. 6 bars at home and 5 bars at work. Same as before the antenna swap.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Good to know, thanks! And so much for your warranty after filing down your case...hahaha

Canuck PDA
    i just ordered mine, hopefully it will work fine, ill post my results
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    +Kardboard+,

Just because the case is different doesn't void the warranty. What if my case had a crack or a scrape is the warranty void? No. What if I changed the case like eveyone does with their Nokia's...

We are allowed to use different antennas, that's why they put the external antenna jack on the Treo. No one is controlling what you plug in there.

I have the Sprint insurance so I don't really worry about such things. I take care of my Treo, but I do what I want with it. Not to mention I kept my old antenna and will put it back on if I need to warranty the Treo so that I can put it on my replacement. And with the old antenna on the case mod will not really be seen.

Some of you guys really worry me. Did your momma's not let you play in the dirt or something. Don't live so cautiously. Get out there and explore and enjoy what you can do in this world. Don't sit around finding reason after reason why maybe you can't do something.
    Last edited by mg48; 11/08/2006 at 01:03 PM.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I never had a warranty and have done many strange and somewhat-destructive things to my Treo, so I have been exploring what you can do with a Treo.

Thankfully I haven't bricked anything yet...hahaha

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    So I've been using my newly antennaed treo for a few days and I've had no problems. Signal is as good as it was with the bulky antenna. Good job gadgetplus!
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    We are allowed to use different antennas, that's why they put the external antenna jack on the Treo. No one is controlling what you plug in there.
    Thus the warranty sticker on the screw to remove the antenna? Try again..
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Is there a 700wx version?
    The antenna for the 700p is the same one as the 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer