1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a treo 650 with cingular. The problem is "screen goes off".

I take the battery out. Wait for couple of minutes. Put the battery in and turn the device on. And everything looks fine with the screen. It works fine for 1 minute and screen starts blinking (i see lines on it, like on an old TV screen with bad tv reception). And these lines start going fast and i start losing the screen, It turn white. After a while i loose that white screen too. Again i take the battery out for 2 minutes. Start over the same thing.

I dont know whats going on with it. I did every kind of resetting method. Non of them worked. After a few searches in internet i found something called white screen of death but my symptoms doesnt really match.

Is there a way reinstall all the software?, (like installing the operation system software). If it is a software issue that might solve it. If it is a hardware issue is there anyway to fix???

Anybody who can help, I really appreatiate it. Thank you very much.
    By "every kind of reset" did you try the zero-out reset too? That one does wonders, and if it doesn't, it might be a hardware problem.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Sure sounds like a hardware problem, especially if you did a zero-out hard reset. That should have put you right back at the original factory fresh point.

I would bet you need a touchscreen replacement. You can buy them from pdaparts and others. If you don't want to replace it yourself, there are places that will do the screen replacement for you also.
    I had this happen -- hardware problem -- resulted in replacement of the unit
  5.    #5  
    i thaught i did the zero out reset right but more i read about it i dont know im doing it right or not. Correct me if im wrong,

i press and keep holding following buttons , power , up , hotscyn and press reset and release and after that i realse the rest of the buttons too.

phone appears to be dead less than 30 seconds and i starts back up.(it says in the palms web page it is supposed to appear dead for several minutes. And it sure is not

Is it right???? or is there a trick to it???

IF it is a hardware issue, changing the touch screen will definetely work or not? i want to make sure before i invest money on it
    The same thing happened to me !!
    did you fix yours yet if you did plz post what you did.
  8.    #8  
    I couldnt fix it yet
    O alright do you have msn or some thing i can talk to you on. ?
  10.    #10  
    you can send me a msg on selcuk12@hotmail.com. I bought special screw drivers form home depot and opened the treo up yesterday. Cleaned the connections on it but it didnt help. feel free to e-mail me.I like to share informations.
    I am having the same exact problem was anyone successful at fixing this. If so, let me know how its done. gingarmada@hotmail.com

Thanks
    When your screen goes out, are you able to call your phone or does it go straight to voicemail? I dont know if this applies to phones but most electronics, the display will not affect the function of the device.