Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Actually I have a lot of questions. I'm trying this out since Verichat doesn't properly work/is supported for the Treo 700P.

    1) Is there any way to get rid of the bots/causerie chat?

    2) Is there any way to alphabetize my buddy list?
    2a) All the buddies I have are lowercase. Is there any way to get them looking the way they're suppose to look?

    3) I have the Causerie on the Always On mode and when it's running in the background but the Treo isn't on Stand-by, it will vibrate or give me a sound alert to let me know that I got an IM. However, when I'm in stand-by mode, I can't find a way for it to notify me that I received an IM. I do get the IM instantly (or it's already there) when I come back from Stand-by mode but I want to be able to know I got an IM the moment I get it, when I'm in Stand-by mode. Any way around that?

    4) When I go from Causerie to another app, let's say the phone app, I get the white screen for a little while (quite a wait in a way) before the app will load. Is that just Causerie or is that the Treo or better yet, any way around that?

    5) Is there any way I can only see the buddies that are online, instead of all my buddies, including ones that are offline?

    I think that's about it for now.
    I'm really trying to look for a good app that has the "Always On" features for my instant messenging. I'm willing to pay and I'm only looking to use AIM, since I don't use the other instant messenger.

    Thanks for the help in advance!
  2. #2  
    I can help with a couple.

    2: Not that I know of. I think buddy lists are controlled on the server and and Causerie just pulls them down.

    3. Did you set your alert preferences? Be sure and go to prefs/sounds and make sure it is set there as well.

    4: I get the lag too. It's the infamous 700p white screen lag.

    5: On mine the buddies who are in bold are online, but it shows all my buddies regardless.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I did for the alerts. I have the when I get an IM to vibrate and alert. It does alert that I have an IM when its in the background but when the Treo is on standby, I don't get the alerts.

    I found the answer about the buddies showing only the ones online by toggling.

    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    1) Is there any way to get rid of the bots/causerie chat?
    Yes, if you are using one of the latest (using that term loosely since it's been a long time since the last real beta) betas, there is an option to turn them off Prefs-> show Misc Accounts).

    http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...ie-3.2.4zf.prc

    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    2) Is there any way to alphabetize my buddy list?
    2a) All the buddies I have are lowercase. Is there any way to get them looking the way they're suppose to look?
    I'm pretty sure the latest beta takes care of this too (mine show up in alphabetical order to me knowledge)

    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    3) I have the Causerie on the Always On mode and when it's running in the background but the Treo isn't on Stand-by, it will vibrate or give me a sound alert to let me know that I got an IM. However, when I'm in stand-by mode, I can't find a way for it to notify me that I received an IM. I do get the IM instantly (or it's already there) when I come back from Stand-by mode but I want to be able to know I got an IM the moment I get it, when I'm in Stand-by mode. Any way around that?
    What do you mean by Stand-by? Is the screen on or off? When it's running in the background it has issues with the alert tone fully playing.

    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    4) When I go from Causerie to another app, let's say the phone app, I get the white screen for a little while (quite a wait in a way) before the app will load. Is that just Causerie or is that the Treo or better yet, any way around that?
    Known issue with the 700p that has not been resolved yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by addictjokah View Post
    5) Is there any way I can only see the buddies that are online, instead of all my buddies, including ones that are offline?
    You got that one figured...

    You may also want to look at Toccer if you only use AIM, as it's free but not as feature rich.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    thanks ill try the beta and also toccer and see how that goes.

    when I say standby I mean that the screen is off. thanks again
  6. #6  
    For those interested in Causerie... a new release is apparently due in a week or two. See MantraGroup forums for details, though no specifics about what's included in this new version have yet been posted.
  7. #7  
    Download Causerie 3.2.5 version with SMS and Always On Optimizations update from the below link:

    http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
  8. #8  
    Any clues (release notes) as to what these optimizations are, exactly?
  9. #9  
    The SMS feature has broken down so in the new version it has been fixed.
    The Always On feature has been more optimized to remain connected during
    sleep mode, Long phone call, Soft reset and to establish connection if data connection is lost when causerie is running in background mode.
  10. #10  
    When I login my yahoo account for work, I can only see some of the users that are online, and not all of them. I think I only have about 20 people max on it, but its sketchy. Does anyone else have issues like this? I need to know before I buy it.
    ----

    Sprint Treo 700p

Posting Permissions