1.    #1  
    Now I've really done it. Got my brand new (presumably) unlocked Cingular replacement 650 yesterday. I downloaded its ROM to a ZIP. Swapped out FAT for FAT32, are uploaded the ZIP. Now I'm in continuous reset. I also tried uploading the ROM as a folder instead of a ZIP, but I'm still in continuous reset. Please help.
    Can you get back to the bootloader screen? Can you put your old ROM back?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Can you get back to the bootloader screen? Can you put your old ROM back?
    Yes, I can get back to the booloader screen, but putting my old ROM back doesn't seem to help. I opened the ZIP, put FAT back in for FAT32, and uploaded the ZIP. I tried the same thing uploading as a folder instead of a ZIP, but still in continuous reset.
    Can you hard reset with the old ROM installed? I've never been stuck in this situation, so I don't know. One other thing I would try is getting another fresh copy of the Rom from someone else, that is confirmed to work.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Can you hard reset with the old ROM installed? I've never been stuck in this situation, so I don't know. One other thing I would try is getting another fresh copy of the Rom from someone else, that is confirmed to work.
    I *think* i have the old ROM installed, but a hard reset isn't working. I've looked for an unlocked Cingular ROM but can't find one. I'm not sure if it matters, but I don't know whether i'm A, B, or G because the phone only resets!
    I have a CNG ROM at home. If you don't get it fixed by this afternoon, PM your email address to me and I will email it to you.

It may have been a while now, but you might be able to find a link to a ROM somewhere in one of those ROMTool threads.

7.    #7  
    Thanks for the ROM offer. In desperation, I downloaded the ROM of my dying GSM Treo and uploaded it on my new unlocked Cingular treo. I'm not sure the ramifications of this, but it works just fine! From a ROM perspective, are an unlocked Cingular and a GSM device the same?