1.    #1  
    So saturday My treo was stolen from me while at work. I am eligible to upgrade so at first i was angry but thought, " I can get the 700 now". Then I remembered ALL the things I had on there, notes, memos, company emails and loads of pictures on my SD card.. The ironic thing is it is now on the stolen ESN list so it cannot be activated. Good luck with that $400 paper weight F*@^er..
    I guess i just wanted to say that. I hope to return soon with a 700.
    I'd be pretty pissed off if my smartphone was stolen too!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That is the good thing about being on a CDMA network. It won't deter thieves, but it gives you a little satisfaction knowing they can't do much with it. Sorry to hear about it.

Make sure you get insurance on your new one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'd still get pissed that someone was looking at all my info. That's why I'm investing in phone wipe or even phone lock software, just in case.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Butler will do it I think.. but I never could get it to work (in test mode) except from another phone.. Be better for me if I could do it from email to sms.. ah well.
    Like most long time Palm users, I've got most of life on my device and seriously considering investing in an app that I can remotely wipe out my data in case my Treo is ever lost.

Has anyone out there actually have real life experience in using it and can recommend an app? I know Butler and several others have the feature but don't want to find out it doesn't work after I lose my Treo.

Thanks!
    You could always try it while you still own it, yes? Obviously be backed up.
    Yes I feel for you that is always my fear. Anybody have a good app to recmd. Butler and MSafe come to mind, but I haven;t tried either. I use TreoHelper and it does lock the phone when you send an SMS msg to it. Although it has no ability to wipe out the phone and SD data.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    Like most long time Palm users, I've got most of life on my device and seriously considering investing in an app that I can remotely wipe out my data in case my Treo is ever lost.

Has anyone out there actually have real life experience in using it and can recommend an app? I know Butler and several others have the feature but don't want to find out it doesn't work after I lose my Treo.

Thanks!
    Could someone please explain how to do it in Butler? Someone told me a long time ago that you could wipe the phone remotely with it, but I never figured out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkeii View Post
    Could someone please explain how to do it in Butler? Someone told me a long time ago that you could wipe the phone remotely with it, but I never figured out how.
    Go to the Remote Lock tab.
    - Hit the encircled I to the right of Enable basic remote lock
    - Hit the encircled I to the right of Enable remote lock commands

both of these information section clearly explain the procedures.

1) You need to declare a Lock Trigger beforehand in that field.
    Lock Trigger = the secret code/word/phrase that you would use to wipe your Treo.

2) You need to check the boxes to the left of Enable basic remote lock and/or Enable remote lock commands in order to enable these features.

I've only tested the remote lock without wiping any data by sending from my PC to my Treo a text message with -> ButlerLock:LockTrigger
    The text message when received only shows an ' * ' and it worked for me.

Go ahead and try it and report back.