1.    #1  
    I got this error when i tried to hotsynch with my pc
    Unable to initiate HotSych operation because the port is in use by another application.
    Why is this comming up i have not done anything different to my phone or computer. Has anyone alse had this problem.
    I had it when I first set up my "virtual port". I had to do a restart, erase that port, restart again, set up a new port and restart again then it finally stuck.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3.    #3  
    thanks i will give it a try
    You guys must the lucky ones, I cannot, for the life of me utilize my BT Hotsync. I have a Toshiba Portege laptop with Bluetooth, and from what Palm has told me, I am unable to use it. Does anyone have any clue how or what to do to get this to work?
    what driver are you using?

try the wincomm (not sure if I spelled that right or not.) driver if your just using the windows one.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I had it when I first set up my "virtual port". I had to do a restart, erase that port, restart again, set up a new port and restart again then it finally stuck.
    How do I delete the virutal port? I am having the same problem also-Thanks!
    I'm using BT to synch and have had this problem many times. My problem was fixed by making sure my palm was trying to connect thru the same port than Hot Synch on my laptop was using.

Usually one said port 4 the other port 6, I will change them to both be 6 and it will synch.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    How do I delete the virutal port? I am having the same problem also-Thanks!
    go into your device manager and delete the virtual port it created.
    There is no spoon.
    only problem Im having now is:

First, when I do sync BT it doesnt "end" very clean, it gives me an error msg.

Second if I try to sync my 700, then try to sync my 650 right away after it wont recognize the sync. I have to turn my BT off on my 650 and restart the PC.

Doesnt really pose that much of a problem but hey its all good.
    There is no spoon.