Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. qb11g's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #21  
    Those are some of the most pathetic "form responses" I've ever heard in my life. With all of the new entries coming into the marketplace, Palm is going to have to work EXTRA hard to earn my trust and dollars on the next device. This is a travesty...and I want my firmware update!!
  2. #22  
    I left some messages over at some other Treo forums to try and stir the pot a little.. spread the word and let's see what kind of noise we can make.
  3. #23  
    The 700p is littered with problems and Palm fails to acknowledge or rectify this. For instance, the 700p is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. It lags. Palm blames this on third party software, BUT, even with a hard reset, thereby clearing all memory, it still lags. The bluetooth connectivity of the 700p is also gawd awful. It drops the connection every hour to your bluetooth device making it impractical to use. Do you use MMS messaging? If you use too much of it, it will reset your palm!

    Admittedly, Palm has given us a device that "works" by their specifications. But, in "real world" testing, it hardly meets up to the $600 price tag (do you really want to wait 10-15 seconds switching between the browser and the phone?).

    So, will the 680 be any better? You tell me. If palm fails to support their flagship $600 phone, what makes you think that they'll support your $200 budget model.

    Think I'm making this up?

    Check this link for the grips of hundreds of Treo 700p users:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126223
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126610
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126629
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126643

    Treo_MD
  4. #24  
    I don't mean to say that you shouldn't be doing this as it hopefully will help kick this issue up a notch or two as far as their priorities go, but in the rather litigious world that we live in today I wouldn't expect anything other than the canned responses you have been receiving so far (which I'm sure have been pre-approved by legal). I mean people here are already threatening class action lawsuit, do you really think Palm (or any other modern company in their place) would give you anything to latch that case onto? What exactly is the expected response? (other than the firmware will be out xx/xx/06)

    "Dear Customer,
    Thank you for purchasing the 700p. We're sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with randomn resetting, lag, non-standard bluetooth, etc.

    We've been trying to isolate the causes behind the lag for the past few months, and right now it looks like one of our engineers may have specified RAM modules a few ns too slow for the 700p's needs. That, or the OS that was mostly written while our current programmers were in junior high may be fundamentally incapable of effeciently addressing 64mb of memory in the current configuration. Were just not sure yet, It may be a couple more months before we're able to work past some of these issues and even then were sort of worried that essentially overclocking the memory may present other stability issues with the device. Thanks for your patience."

    Somehow, I doubt anyone will be getting that email.
  5. #25  
    I don't expect Palm to respond to this directly.

    Negative press will hopefully stir Palm into action, just like it did with the 650. So, continue posting on the Palm forums and any other public website. Enough heat should kill the launch of the 680. Perhaps, enough so that Palm will update the 700p.

    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ware_que__USCA
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...t_in_sof__USCA
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for..._3partyS__USCA
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    I don't mean to say that you shouldn't be doing this as it hopefully will help kick this issue up a notch or two as far as their priorities go, but in the rather litigious world that we live in today I wouldn't expect anything other than the canned responses you have been receiving so far (which I'm sure have been pre-approved by legal). I mean people here are already threatening class action lawsuit, do you really think Palm (or any other modern company in their place) would give you anything to latch that case onto? What exactly is the expected response? (other than the firmware will be out xx/xx/06)

    "Dear Customer,
    Thank you for purchasing the 700p. We're sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with randomn resetting, lag, non-standard bluetooth, etc.

    We've been trying to isolate the causes behind the lag for the past few months, and right now it looks like one of our engineers may have specified RAM modules a few ns too slow for the 700p's needs. That, or the OS that was mostly written while our current programmers were in junior high may be fundamentally incapable of effeciently addressing 64mb of memory in the current configuration. Were just not sure yet, It may be a couple more months before we're able to work past some of these issues and even then were sort of worried that essentially overclocking the memory may present other stability issues with the device. Thanks for your patience."

    Somehow, I doubt anyone will be getting that email.
    I still think they need to admit the problems and actually start working on them. If people hear they're aware and working on it, they may not sue. Brushing people off with those responses is MORE likely to make people sue, if you ask me!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_madness View Post
    I don't expect Palm to respond to this directly.

    Negative press will hopefully stir Palm into action, just like it did with the 650. So, continue posting on the Palm forums and any other public website. Enough heat should kill the launch of the 680. Perhaps, enough so that Palm will update the 700p.

    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ware_que__USCA
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...t_in_sof__USCA
    http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for..._3partyS__USCA

    Very Nice
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  8. #28  
    I sent an inquiry to Palm and they sent back a response that to me indicated that this was news to them. And suggested that I try a reset. If that did not work to do a hard reset! If that did not work to try to rename the backup folders and only install one section of my phone every couple days. Meaning reinstall my contacts, try that for a few days and then put on my calendar and so forth. I responded to them that this is a problem with basically every 700p and not just mine. They responded with a suggestion to go to Verizon and get a replacement phone. Again I told them that this is not an isolated issue and specifially asked when they are going to release an update. They would not address the update question but suggested that I call their Tech support to go through troubleshooting. At the end of the email there was a small disclaimer that said if I have had the phone for more than 90 days I would have to pay $25! I cant believe that Palm is acting like they do not know this is a problem and then want to charge me more money to troubleshoot. I have already spent enough money on this phone and accesories that they should give the phone support free for more than 90 days. I have the full thread of conversation saved in email if it is ever needed.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    I cant do it buy myself so if we all flood their support inbox with same issuse maybe that will get them to take us more seriously.
    Palm offers support?!?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  10. #30  
    We should also go to online sites like Amazon that sell the 700P and post customer reviews that tell the whole story about Palm's lack of support.

    Sqeaky wheels...
  11. RMGDVM's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #31  
    here is palm's reply to the 'issues'
    i did ask for email addresses for ceo and chairman of the board, no response yet.


    "Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Tony. I understand that the lag between the phone application and the other application on the Treo® 700p smartphone is terrible. Additionally, the Bluetooth® feature looses connectivity and requires that you perform a reset to reconnect.



    We sincerely regret the inconveniences you have been experiencing due to these issues, Robert. Palm is currently doing investigations on these and other similar issues reported by other Treo 700p smartphone users. We are really working hard on resolving as much issues as we can by recording and categorizing all customer issues we receive and investigating those that appear to crop up most often. However, we have not received word yet from our Software Engineering team on when fixes or software patches will be released to address these Treo 700p issues. At this point, though, the only thing that we can recommend is that you regularly visit the Palm Support website to keep abreast of the latest developments."
  12. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #32  
    What a joke, so they only investigate the ones that "crop up" most often? Like the IR update, right? What a joke, HIRE SOME REAL PROGRAMMERS PALM!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  13. blueyz28's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #33  
    I've had it too with the lag... the last straw was when I had to make an important call and it froze causing me to have to do a reset.

    I have a 700p in great condition for sale, if anyone is interested. Make me an offer!
  14. #34  
    People -- You are writing and complaining to the wrong entity.

    The phone is a device to access a service. The maker of the device has your money. Their relationship with you is over. They could not give a &$#$ what you think, want or what problems you have.

    Your relationship with your carrier Sprint or Verizon is ongoing and as a matter of fact they are responsible for support.

    If you are going to flood anyone flood support at Sprint and Verizon. Demand escalation and use up a lot of time with their higher tier (higher cost) tech support people.

    You want to pick the main issues that should function prperly and hammer them. Only Sprint and Verizon will force Palm to do anything. They could care less about 700p owners themselves. Palm's customers are Sprint and Verizon -- not you.
  15. #35  
    SInce Palm is going to read this thread anyway, I am going to post my bug complain here.

    God damn it Palm bluetooth hotsync never works with my 700p. It worked flewlessly with my 650. What's with the "port being used" error message.

    Also fix the new Blazer! It breaks CJKOS. You don't sell 700p in Asian so that's fine but there are going to be alot of Chinese buying the 680 so fix it please! Or mail a 700p to the author of CJKOS so he can come up with a solution.
  16. #36  
    yeah the 700p is becoming a joke

    my next phone will be a RIM BB for sure
  17. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #37  
    My next phone will be an apple smartphone
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan View Post
    My next phone will be an apple smartphone
    It'll cost hundreds more than the competition, and will only run on Apple-approved cellular systems. There might also be issues with it overheating and cooking your ear, but at least it'll look pretty.
  19. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Also fix the new Blazer! It breaks CJKOS. You don't sell 700p in Asian so that's fine but there are going to be alot of Chinese buying the 680 so fix it please! Or mail a 700p to the author of CJKOS so he can come up with a solution.
    The lack of CJKOS (or equivalent) support for 700p is definitely an issue. So far the only reply from the CJKOS developer was "We don't have the device here so there's nothing we can do!".
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    It'll cost hundreds more than the competition, and will only run on Apple-approved cellular systems. There might also be issues with it overheating and cooking your ear, but at least it'll look pretty.
    If Apple makes a smartphone it will be what Palms used to be: simple, elegant and excellent. If only Palm had Steve Jobs as the CEO, the POS would have been completely rewritten and Treos would have no lags or freezes. We have a modern OS combined with the best hardware. Sure, they'd be expensive, but current Treo's are not cheap. In short, if/when Apple makes one, I'd be in line for it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions