Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 700p from VZW and so far I don't know whether or not I like it anymore. GRRRR.

Anyway, here's my problem. I have my Verichat set up so that even though I'm not in the program chatting, it will send me an SMS message if someone IM's me. However, as of 3 days ago, anyone who tries to send me a message, gets this error:

Your message could not be sent.
    A transcript of the attempts to send the message follows.
    The number of attempts made: 1
    Addressed To: emailaddress@VTEXT.COM

Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:22:44 -0700
    Failed to send to identified host,
    emailaddress@VTEXT.COM: [66.174.76.30], 550 SMTP connection refused
    --- Message non-deliverable.

It was working PERFECTLY before but now, it's gone down the tube. I don't know what to do. I even re-configured the SMS part a few times to see if that would help but nope, nothing. It's bloody pissing me off!!!

Oh and I also noticed that when you stay in the program too long, once you log off, the bloody phone likes to reset/reboot itself. Yesterday it went on some freakish ENDLESS loop and I had to do a hard reset. Bloody hell. I was even on the phone with tech support and they were ready to send me a new [well, dunno if it is, it could've been refurbished] phone but I said no [gonna see if it does it again, if it does, I'm getting a new one].

Any ideas how to resolve the aforementioned issue???
    Last edited by aj80; 10/17/2006 at 10:28 AM.
    I don't know what the issue is...but I know Verichat and SMS has always caused me problems (most of the time, just not getting the first SMS) ..only subsequent SMS's would arrive.

No endless resetting..but I would say that we'll have to just wait until either Palm comes out with new firmware that may resolve the problem (if it is a palm issue) ...or PDAApps who makes Verichat creates a version that officially supports 700p
  3.    #3  
    so i'm testing it out by using a different SN on my comp to send messages through AIM; apparently it works THERE but not MSN....wth?

EDIT!

nevermind, i was wrong...it is on BOTH....
    Last edited by aj80; 10/17/2006 at 02:04 PM.
  4.    #4  
    FROM MSN:

(reason: 550 SMTP connection refused)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to smtpsp1.vtext.com.:
    >>> DATA

Received: from he1.verichat.com (localhost.verichat.com [127.0.0.1])

FROM AIM:

another message:
    This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--k9HJKCBs025625.1161112812/he1.verichat.com

The original message was received at Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:19:01 -0400
    from localhost.verichat.com [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <emailaddress@vtext.com>
    (reason: 550 SMTP connection refused)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to smtpsp.vtext.com.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 SMTP connection refused
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; he1.verichat.com
    Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost.verichat.com
    Arrival-Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:19:01 -0400

Final-Recipient: RFC822; emailaddress@vtext.com
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: DNS; smtpsp.vtext.com
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 SMTP connection refused
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:20:12 -0400

Content-Type: message/rfc822

Return-Path: <40652004570796@c.verichat.com>
    Received: from he1.verichat.com (localhost.verichat.com [127.0.0.1])
    username: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0086_01C6F1E6.B6837B40
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    Last edited by aj80; 10/17/2006 at 02:07 PM.
  5.    #5  
    So here's the info I got back from the makers of VeriChat.

Hello AJ,

At this point in time the Treo 700p is not an officially supported platform. Because of this, running the Treo 600/650 software causes the "Always ON" feature to break. This issue has been reported to Product Management for consideration in a future release.We do not have an ETA for this.I will make sure that you will be notified when this device will be supported.

I am setting your incident to Require Notification. This will notify you that the incident is solved. Please ignore the solved status. When a fix for your issue is available, I will contact you. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Andrei
    NOKIA Support
  6.    #6  
    damnit.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    What's up AJ. Are you using the hacked version of Verichat? I know that people using the hacked version on their 700 are pretty satisfied...or at least, content with the performance until there's an official update for the 700. If you search the discussion page, you'll find it.

Also, as a FYI, Toccer is a smooth AIM client on my 700.
  8.    #8  
    Hi =) thanks for the info. Actually I'm using the paid version. I do have the hacked one so I might try that out. thanks for the info =). BTW, does Toccer have MSN as well?
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  9.    #9  
    heh...tried it and nope, doesn't work. bah!.
    thanks though =)
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    send them your pic.. once they see how cute you are they might make a fix for it...
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    BTW, does Toccer have MSN as well?
    Nope. Unfortunately, Toccer is only an AIM client.

Try not to "jack" your phone up too bad right now though, there should be a reliable IM client coming sometime in the near future; I think.........maybe.........okay, I doubt it but we can hope.

On a side note, KAOSWLF is pretty smooth isn't he? Great job.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    send them your pic.. once they see how cute you are they might make a fix for it...
    hahahahah....

qb11g...thanks for the info. i've decided to just take it off the 'always on' mode. it's frustrating my friends and me when they get that error message. hehe. i hope they have an IM that works for our phone....SOONER than later...
    AJ,

Based on the postings of the returned messages, I would say this is a configuration issue on VeriChat's server's end. I see that 127.0.0.1 is listed as the host in the message--this address refers to the local machine, not its true IP address. Looks like VZW's server is receiving the request to SMS your phone and interpreting the 127.0.0.1 as the computer who sent you the SMS, and then saying "Heck, this must be spam, I'm gonna reject it!" Hence, the "message blocked" return message sent back to the person who tried to chat with you.

Long story short, it's a config issue on the VeriChat server & I am surprised that everyone isn't having this problem (if they're using the SMS notification, anyway). If you haven't already, you might try re-configuring your SMS email address in the VeriChat preferences. If you've already done that with no luck, then the only other option is to use the Data connection portion of the "always on" feature.

I use the data connection thing, and as far as I know, I'm using the 700p "hacked" version, but there are still issues. If you reset your phone, when VeriChat tries to automatically reconnect to the server it will fail and retry several times, causing you some headaches, until you go into VeriChat and manually establish the connections. After that you should be fine until your phone resets (or you reset it).

As for the problem with your 700p resetting when you exit & logoff VeriChat, that has never happened to my 700p. There is either a conflicting application that is the cause of this or a corrupt setting in your phone's saved_preferences file. That's a whole other story, but check this article and refer to my reply about renaming your saved_preferences file:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ed_preferences

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  14.    #14  
    HandyDJ....THANK YOU!!!!
    I thought it may have been something with VZW SMS but from what you say, thankfully it's not. (Help desk also confirmed that it's not the SMS).
    Anyhoo...last night, I removed the paid version from my phone and installed the 'hacked' one but I'm going to reinstall the paid version onto my replacement phone. I've reconfigured my sms to no end and sadly, that didn't work. I'm not quite sure how to set up the Data connection. If you can, can you post the steps please? thanks!
    AJ, you look like a girl name Cathy...thats not you is it?
    ps. hacked verichat only works on P -Palm Models, not WM.

--same goes for toccer, so someone's advice aboce with the hacked version is useless on the W palm
  17.    #17  
    nope, not me =)
    AJ,

You're welcome.

Open up VeriChat, press menu button (bottom right key), touch the R key. You should see the preferences screen. Click the Always-On button. Set it like this:

-----------------------------

Always-On Mode v Enabled

[ ] Use SMS [Set SMS-email]

[v] Use Data Connection

[ ] Scheduled Login/Logout

[Apply] [Cancel]
    ---------------------------------------

After you check the "use data connection" button, click apply. Then Done.
    Last edited by HandyDJs.com; 10/20/2006 at 11:26 AM.

19.    #19  
    ahhhhhh I don't even have that option for some reason. Right now I'm running 2.86B and i think it's screwing with my messages. They're all jumbled up. I've gotta put in 2.89...thank you again!
    2.86 may have been the cause of your problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast