Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The last i have seen of this issue with no resolution was way back in Aug and July. A few ppl mentioned this issue but never really followed up.

This is now a constant problem. I am using a Jabra JX-10 and I now have my Bluetooth turning off sporadically. Not a headset disconnetion but the bluetooth icon on my Sprint 700p turns grey and off. I have to manually go into the Bluetooth menu to turn it back on.

- both the 700 and the headset are fully charged
    - they have been well within range of each other

Can ANYONE help??? It is terribly frustrating as i am dependent on BT ever since Dec 04 and my T650.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Since my BT problem (if BT was turned off, it could pair but not transmit voice without a soft reset) has been (sort of) resolved by leaving BT on all the time, I would guess that you might have a bad unit. I know the headsets automatically turn off after a preset period of inactivity (I use the Motorola H3).
    Does the Jabra have a power saving shut down feature?
    If I was going to guess.... Other then bad hardware, I'd suggest that maybe your saved preferences file is corrupt. Have you tried deleting it and seeing if that helps? I've seen a lot of cases of corrupt software causing something like this.

You could also try a hard reset without restoring all your files and see if this fixes it. Then you would know whether SavedPrefs or some other file is corrupted.

Note: You will probably have to re-register a lot of software on your device if you delete saved prefs, as this stores most software registration info.
  4.    #4  
    Deleting my saved prefs would be a nightmare. Any other ideas that dont involve restore headaches?
    No, this is a known problem. The bluetooth on the 700 is poor. It just disconnects for no reason with almost every headset. The Jabra jx-10 is supposed to be one of the best. They better get it fixed soon.
  6.    #6  
    Just to reiterate... This is NOT an issue where the headset disconnects. The connection actually stays constant with the JX-10. The bluetooth on the phone itself turns OFF COMPLETELY. Instead of the Bluetooth icon lit up blue or the headset icon showing a connection with the headset, the icon turns grey and I have to manually turn bluetooth back on.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Really dumb question...there are programs that automatically turn off items (I use TreoAlarm to turn my phone off at night). Did you at one time install a program (and forget about it) that might be responsible?
    Sorry to ask a stupid question, but sometimes the cause might be an overlooked item.
    After all, many 700 users complain about BT, but not necessarily sharing your specific complaint.
    Have you tried your headset with another Treo?
    Have you tried another headset with your Treo?
    How often does this occur?
    No answers...only question, sorry!
    the same thing happens to me. bluetooth goes from blue icon to gray at seemingly random times. I think it has something to do with random resets or something. not sure. the problem does exist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    the same thing happens to me. bluetooth goes from blue icon to gray at seemingly random times. I think it has something to do with random resets or something. not sure. the problem does exist though.
    Mark me down for the bluetooth icon greying out and disconnecting on my 700P periodically. I own a Jabra JX10 and it is solid once it is connected, but it will occasionally drop. I found that this happens less if the Jabra has a fresh charge on it.... hmmm
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    Mark me down for the bluetooth icon greying out and disconnecting on my 700P periodically. I own a Jabra JX10 and it is solid once it is connected, but it will occasionally drop. I found that this happens less if the Jabra has a fresh charge on it.... hmmm
    I've also discovered I can make a BT connection last longer if I perform a soft reset before enabling and using it. I've also found that if you enable and disable BT enough times you'll generate a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm with you and understand the prob. Mine does exactly the same thing. BT icon goes dark and disconnects from my car and goes on and off on its own.

I'm guessing we need a sprint firmware/bt update patch and hopefully this will be fixed then. I would love to hear a solution if anyone has one.

It's obviously not 3rd party software or anything like that because too many of us have the same problem.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    BTW, I'm with sprint 700p.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Also with a JX 10. Does anyone have this problem with any other headset? I hope it is not just related to the JX10. It's the only headset that works for me.
  14.    #14  
    See. I thought i was goin nuts. It aint just me.
    me as well... have the new plantronics...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    I had my JX-10 around the time it came out and always had problems with BT staying connected. I'm no longer using a BT headset until Palm releases a patch that addresses this issue.
    I keep hearing problems with the bluetooth on the 700p , i guess im one of the lucky ones, i use a Palm Compact wiresless headset, i have never had a problem im on my second 700p the first one had a bad speaker and i never had a problem with that, i also use the bluetooh in my car a Acura Tl and never experienced any bluetooh problems, and i have a ****load of apps intalled. hmmmm i wonder what can be causing you guys problems.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I use the Motorola H3 and haven't had a BT issue for a few months (although I had some at first). I use the Verizon version, however.
    Maybe return the JX and get a Motorola?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    as a test:
    try the demo of Profilecare and set a manual profile with Bluetooth on
    Sprint 700p
    Hmmm i hope you guys see the connection here seems like this JX10 headset is crap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast