Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    Hmmm i hope you guys see the connection here seems like this JX10 headset is crap.
    Why and how would the headset cause the bluetooth on the PHONE to turn off. I can understand your sentiment if the headset loses connection but thats not what we are complaining about.
    Like everything about this darn Treo most of us dont know whats going on with this device, the reason for my comment, was because it seems like everyone with that JX10 headset was having problems , so i was thinking there might be a connection, might be the headset not the phone, just a guess. Me personaly had 2 700p and never had any bluetooth problems. Who knows there might be a couple of thousand 700p out there with bad bluetooth radios.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Maybe the phone is reseting without you knowing, thus shutting off the bluetooth? I would check ##err and see what the last crash was caused by. Maybe it will shed some light, maybe not. Just a suggestion...

Also, I have heard more problems with bluetooth and the 700p. Why they can't get it right baffles me. That and not including voicedialing over bluetooth is borderline insanity...What is this world coming to?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    my suggestion is to purchase PROFILECARE. I use this without any problems on vzw 700p and 650. I have different times of day programmed to change the configuration of my TREO. at night do a reset automatically then have the BT turn on in the AM and off at night. wiht the JX-10 my BT is outstanding.

www.gotreosoftware.com jeff gibson is the creator and is very supportive.
    one thing that i have noticed is when my battery gets really low th bluetooth turns off by itself , it does this to conserve the bit of battery left. i dont know if this is what you guys are experiencing.
    FWIW I've totally given up on my (700p) Treo's bluetooth. It connects to my Lexus GS 430 handsfree phone, but after a while it disconnects. Reconnecting seems to be erratic, sometimes it reconnects spontaneously while playing around with the BT preferences. Other times not even rebooting the phone works. Same thing happens when trying to connect a brand new Garmin GPS 10 unit to the 700p. After the unit becomes 'Connected' it'll go right back to 'Connecting to GPS unit' (not connected). I have exchanged the phone twice at Sprint after 2 episodes of infinite reboots. The GPS unit was exchanged once, I thought it had BT problems.

So I dusted off my Tungsten T3 and made a BT connection to the GPS without a problem. It managed to stay connected for 3 hours. I thought that was long enough to prove that the GPS bluetooth was working. Unfortunately, this troubleshooting has taken me several months. I wish I had read somewhere the 700p's bluetooth function was worthless. That's the price I pay for having the latest and greatest.

So here's my advice to anyone considering the purchase of a Treo 700p: If bluetooth functionality is at all important to you, DO NOT BUY the 700p. As of Oct. 22, 2006 we have not even seen smoke signals coming from Palm (Now called Access) regarding a fix for this problem.

RicardoG
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoG View Post
    FWIW I've totally given up on my (700p) Treo's bluetooth. It connects to my Lexus GS 430 handsfree phone, but after a while it disconnects. Reconnecting seems to be erratic, sometimes it reconnects spontaneously while playing around with the BT preferences. Other times not even rebooting the phone works. Same thing happens when trying to connect a brand new Garmin GPS 10 unit to the 700p. After the unit becomes 'Connected' it'll go right back to 'Connecting to GPS unit' (not connected). I have exchanged the phone twice at Sprint after 2 episodes of infinite reboots. The GPS unit was exchanged once, I thought it had BT problems.

So I dusted off my Tungsten T3 and made a BT connection to the GPS without a problem. It managed to stay connected for 3 hours. I thought that was long enough to prove that the GPS bluetooth was working. Unfortunately, this troubleshooting has taken me several months. I wish I had read somewhere the 700p's bluetooth function was worthless. That's the price I pay for having the latest and greatest.

So here's my advice to anyone considering the purchase of a Treo 700p: If bluetooth functionality is at all important to you, DO NOT BUY the 700p. As of Oct. 22, 2006 we have not even seen smoke signals coming from Palm (Now called Access) regarding a fix for this problem.

RicardoG
    I've seen the same 700P BT dropouts with my car, my headset and my laptop. So my conclusion (shared by many of you here) is that it's the 700P BT that has the problem.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have to agree with all of you, all I also have problems with bluetooth connectivity between my Treo 700p and my bluetooth keyboard. It will stay connected for maybe an hour then I lose the connection completely, and I need to reset the Treo and pair the keyboard again. Everything works great on the 700p except the bluetooth its practicaly worthless.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12