1.    #1  
    Not sure if this was posted but just saw this link....some crazy info!!

Free on Cingy (with $30 internet plan) or possibly WiFi if on Tmobile!! Right now they don't have a carrier picked out??? I was hoping it would really come out on Cingular Nov. 3rd. Guess not.

Edit: Forgot the link... http://crunchgear.com/2006/10/16/pos...-launch-plans/
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It will come out on Cingular. Haven't you seen all the 680 pictures with Cingular logo on them? First one was more than 9 months ago. They can't just jump to another carrier one month prior to lunch. Carriers spend months of evaluations to go over hardware and software of each phone before make it available for sale. Besides, 680 will not support any Wifi card.
    They talk about Sprint and Verizon too, which doesn't make sense as they're CDMA carriers. Iffy, but the Cingy plan seems to have at least some merit.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    It will come out on Cingular. Haven't you seen all the 680 pictures with Cingular logo on them? First one was more than 9 months ago. They can't just jump to another carrier one month prior to lunch. Carriers spend months of evaluations to go over hardware and software of each phone before make it available for sale. Besides, 680 will not support any Wifi card.
    Don't shoot the messenger!!...I'm just posting an article I read.
    Sorry but I have a real hard time with this tip:

1.) They never been able to produce a device with Palm OS, phone, and wifi. Ever. It's not something that a carrier just has to "ask" for.
    2.) Sprint and Verizon are CDMA. The 680 is not.

Honestly, a pretty worthless tip. It's painfully obvious that Cingular will get this, the only question is when and how much. I very much doubt free. Since they are selling the Nokia E62 for $149 with contract, it seems likely the 680 would be in that range at least since it's got more features than the E62.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You might be able to get if free, but I doubt it would be directly from Cingular. Free options would more likely come from Wirefly or Amazon with a new 2 year agreement.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer