Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I'm the prowd owner of a new macbook, and have just installed the Palm desktop software for my macbook (Treo 650 owner).

Unfortunately, I have duplicate entries for all my date book and tasks. What's the easiest way to remove/ delete these within the desktop app?

PS- syncing via bluetooth takes ages (novelty for me as old laptop didn't have it built-in)!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm the prowd owner of a new macbook, and have just installed the Palm desktop software for my macbook (Treo 650 owner).

Unfortunately, I have duplicate entries for all my date book and tasks. What's the easiest way to remove/ delete these within the desktop app?

PS- syncing via bluetooth takes ages (novelty for me as old laptop didn't have it built-in)!
    Congrats. There may be some way to use Automator to delete the dups, but you might just have to suck it up and go through them one at a time and do it manually. Maybe you can back up your HD before experimenting with Automator. Personally, I like SupreDuper! for backing up my Mac.

As far as BT synching being slow, I guess it depends on what you are trying to sync. I use BT to synch my calendar (with extensive entries) & my address book (over 1,000 contacts), and it only takes about 2 minutes to finish. Of course, if I were to enable more conduits (applications, files, mp3, TCPMP videos, etc) I am sure it would take days. However, I use BackupBuddy for that.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    The easiest solution was just to set my Treo to over ride the desktop in the end. I've still got the annoying sync problem where the Calendar hangs during a hotsync. It has something to do with DateBk6 and the Palm OS deleted records DB but I've still not solved that one!

Thanks for your comments on BT sync duration.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Congrats on the new Mac. Download a shareware called UnDupe

Problem solved!
    Thanks for pointing out UnDupe..looks. I haven't had that problem in awhile...so I forgot what I did to fix it. This looks like a good solution for next time.