Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    it takes handago 12 to 24 hours to refresh their site. TCPMP didn't expect that.

That is the delay so far.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    If you go www.coreplayer.com it says "now available for WM5". If you click on the "powered by corecodec" icon at the bottom it takes you to a page that says Coreplayer 1.0 now available for Windows WM5. And below that it says Windows Smartphone and PALM COMING SOON! So much for October 16.... So the wait continues......
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    What do we expect this to do that the TCPMP or Kinoma can't?
    yep should probably go under PalmOS Multimedia forum, with link to 700p to make easy for other user who don't want to click over. here is one from that forum http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=120964
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    uhh, its up but its for windows, where's the palm version?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    uhh, its up but its for windows, where's the palm version?
    In their forum, they stated they already sent the crippled Palm version to handango (or whatever company is hosting the download) and they are just waiting for it to update.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Just starting this now... Still dont see it available yet... I hope this is all its hyped up to be.
    What can "coreplayer" do that TCPMP can't? (Besides empty your wallet.. it's not freeware like TCPMP is it??)..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    In their forum, they stated they already sent the crippled Palm version to handango (or whatever company is hosting the download) and they are just waiting for it to update.
    I can't find it. Have you?
    I just found a post on the CorePlayer site that claims that just before release they found a major bug. Corecodec is saying that they expect to release the Palm version on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm really hoping this is better that this player will stream better than that lousy Kinoma bundled with the 700P. So, it may be Friday, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    What can "coreplayer" do that TCPMP can't? (Besides empty your wallet.. it's not freeware like TCPMP is it??)..

Harv
    couple of things here:

(1) there WILL be a freeware Coreplayer, it just won't have network capabilities and some features will be disabled

(2) BetaPlayer and a trial Coreplayer will be out 1st week of Dec

(3) Coreplayer 1.0 is nothing fancy. 1.1 with bug fixes is due possibly this week.

After that 1.2-1.5 is going to start adding the "real" features, like skinnable UI, sync capabilites with desktop and network, sharing w/ other users over a network, pushing of specific updates for your device, added capabilities, etc.

So don't judge Coreplayer too much on 1.0, this is just getting it out of the gate, so to speak. It's the later stuff that'll differentiate it from other players:

CorePlayer 1.2 will feature
    - Our CoreTheque database and Media Library
    - Windows XP / Vista
    - CoreCaster 'Ready'

CorePlayer 1.4 - 1.5 willl feature
    - Seek and Share Social Network Sharing
    - CoreSync / CoreTunes integration
    - Linux Ports and OS X ports'

(4) It's awesome on the PPC/Treo 700wx Sorry, had to rub it in a little

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    These social networking things don't make slightest bit of sense. You are going to use your phone to host VIDEO now?

All I want is streaming, basically want pTunes does, for video. And don't care about skinning UI. Do you skin your WMC on XP? I don't. I just want an UI that's not uglier than elephant man.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    These social networking things don't make slightest bit of sense. You are going to use your phone to host VIDEO now?

All I want is streaming, basically want pTunes does, for video. And don't care about skinning UI. Do you skin your WMC on XP? I don't. I just want an UI that's not uglier than elephant man.
    re: social networking, I have really no idea what it's suppose to be/do, so we'll just have to wait, although I don't really see myself using it.

other scenarios are this: they find a bug in the palm version and only the palm version (very plausible, lol): instead of posting on their website, waiting for you to discover the update, they can just push it to the Palm users automatically.

also, the ability to literally sync your music program (their core desktop, sync program thingy) with your device ala iTunes, including video and podcasts, will be a welcome addition, imo.

Skinning to me is also not that important, but understand that this just insn't the "lite" skinning most apps do e.g. change the color and shading here, a little there. You can skin this thing every which way, including reorganizng menus, playlists, options, the interface, etc. So I imagine we can have some pretty radical UI, but we'll see.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    ok, what is it delayed again? they said 10/25/06, right?
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Actually, they said 10/24....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'll be sticking with my free TCPMP which already has the CoreAVC codec to watch my H.264 movies.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    I'll be sticking with my free TCPMP which already has the CoreAVC codec to watch my H.264 movies.

Amen to that. The current TCPMP I have has no bugs and plays the stuff i record with the NEUROS Plus just fine (with the ACC plug-in of course). Oh and plus it's FREE! Streaming would be fun if I had EVDO all the time but I dont, so the choppy video would really bother me.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Ilm waiting for the streaming via udp so I can use vlc and my macs to stream...
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    couple of things here:

(1) there WILL be a freeware Coreplayer, it just won't have network capabilities and some features will be disabled

(2) BetaPlayer and a trial Coreplayer will be out 1st week of Dec

(3) Coreplayer 1.0 is nothing fancy. 1.1 with bug fixes is due possibly this week.

After that 1.2-1.5 is going to start adding the "real" features, like skinnable UI, sync capabilites with desktop and network, sharing w/ other users over a network, pushing of specific updates for your device, added capabilities, etc.

So don't judge Coreplayer too much on 1.0, this is just getting it out of the gate, so to speak. It's the later stuff that'll differentiate it from other players:

CorePlayer 1.2 will feature
    - Our CoreTheque database and Media Library
    - Windows XP / Vista
    - CoreCaster 'Ready'

CorePlayer 1.4 - 1.5 willl feature
    - Seek and Share Social Network Sharing
    - CoreSync / CoreTunes integration
    - Linux Ports and OS X ports'

(4) It's awesome on the PPC/Treo 700wx Sorry, had to rub it in a little
    When is the release date for 1.4-1.5v Q4 of 09???!!!!
    People are still waiting for .001v for the symbian os
    Released!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    this is finally avail. more info in the not-so-used multimedia forum.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast