1.    #1  
    I am finally ready to go "wireless" with my Visor and StarTac phone but have no idea how to retrieve my mail once Proximail is discontinued. I downloaded Blazer but it keeps getting stuck and I downloaded Browse-it but don't know how to use the mail feature - is there one? It sounds like you'll have to pay for that company's mail software. I use Earthlink and am wondering if I need to go through the web to get my mail. Please help!
    I have a Visor Dlx and StarTac through Verizon, and I use Eudora Internet Suite v. 2.0 http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/. You will still need a dial up ISP, but the email application is free.
    proxiweb is being discontinued. proximail will still work as it doesn't require proxinet servers. it's just an application on your visor that retrieves mail from your account.

you can use proximail forever if you want.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Hi,
    I'm a Prism user and have been trying a couple of browsers including Blazer. I've been accessing my Yahoo mail through MyYahoo. I just downloaded EIS and gave it a try. While I know that it doesn't do color, it is so so so so much faster than the color browsers and e-mail apps (yea, I know - duh - color takes more time). But, since I'm realizing that mostly I'm interested in text and one can only dial-in so fast (I've got a thinmodem -- waiting for the software upgrade promised this month) -- I'll keep Blazer (for when I need color) but will primarily use EIS. The speed appears to be just about as fast as from my Mac G3-400 using Netscape.
    dave
  5.    #5  
    Thanks so much for your replies! Visor Central is the best!
  6.    #6  
    I attempted to use Proximail and encountered problems with the POP server and the (???) STMP server. I put in my mail server correctly under POP server. I checked the web site for Proximail which referred me to Intellisync web site which then stated they were not providing any help for Proximail.

HELP ME! Do I check use APOP - whatever that is? Do I check query for each message?

Maybe I should try Eudora? At any rate I haven't sent a single message yet through the "wireless" but am able to surf the web momentarily before some other error arises. Sigh. At this moment the "wireless" option is quite frustrating, but I hope at least to get the email part working reliably!
    Originally posted by pel in chicago
    I attempted to use Proximail and encountered problems with the POP server and the (???) STMP server. I put in my mail server correctly under POP server. I checked the web site for Proximail which referred me to Intellisync web site which then stated they were not providing any help for Proximail.

HELP ME! Do I check use APOP - whatever that is? Do I check query for each message?
    Don't check the 'APOP' thing, unless you know that your service provider supports it.

Query for each message lets you choose whether to download messages, delete them or ignore them. As it's scanning your mailbox (i.e. you're online at the time) it pops up a little dialog for each message. Try using it and turn it off if you don't like it.

The online help ('i' icon in the top right corner of the screen, excuse me if you already know this) was fairly helpful, but might not be if you've not set up SMTP/POP stuff before.

I have a Springport modem, which comes with MultiMail. MultiMail crashed every time I tried to run it, so it's been deleted.

Kev.