1.    #1  
    have been trying to set an appointment that starts 2pm sat and finishes 5 pm sunday.

initially i couldn't find an obvious way to do this. i have "forced" something approaching the answer but need more help.

if you select new in calendar it simply won't let you have end time beyond 23:55. however, i discovered that if you set start time as 23:55 it then automatically flips the end time into the next day. unfortunately however if you then try to "re-set" the times to the correct times it reverts. once again it is possible to keep it overlapping by slowly bringing the end time forward from 23:55 but there appears to be something intrinsic that eventually reverts to a one day appt.

any thoughts o wise ones?
    I have done this in Outlook for a red-eye flight and it transfered correctly to the Treo. Shows up as 7:30pm-Sat 6:30am in Event Details and appears on both days in the day view. Have not tried to set one up directly on the Treo.
    I gave up trying to input redeye flights into the Calendar program on the Palm, but it works fine with iCal on the Mac. Strange that Calendar will understand the event but not let you make one like that.
    There is an inherent problem on the Palm device that does not allow the creation of events that span Midnight. So.....those appointments are generally broken up to multiple appointments in which one ends at 11:55 and picks up again at 12:05.... However, as for creating them on the phone I don't know.
    Let me clarify, it's not the device but the calendar app.
    I can't remember how to, but I have set appointments that span two days. I stopped doing it because they would start flashing on the phone screen instead of just displaying (I have my next calendar item displayed at the top of the phone screen) which was annoying. If you set it up, take a look to see if yours does the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I can't remember how to, but I have set appointments that span two days. I stopped doing it because they would start flashing on the phone screen instead of just displaying (I have my next calendar item displayed at the top of the phone screen) which was annoying. If you set it up, take a look to see if yours does the same.
    The item flickers on the phone screen above the dial pad, right? Mine does the same thing but i have no idea what was causing it. I did a search but couldnt find an answer, so I made a post regarding this here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126788

Let me know your thoughts...
    Quote Originally Posted by djtrip View Post
    The item flickers on the phone screen above the dial pad, right? Mine does the same thing but i have no idea what was causing it. I did a search but couldnt find an answer, so I made a post regarding this here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126788

Let me know your thoughts...
    Does your event pass midnight? From what I've seen on these forums in the past, it only happens when you have events that go from one day to the next.
    Yes I believe it is only for when an event goes to midnight. I talked with palm and the tech. said that supposedly in the next update it will take care of it....we shall see....oh and it wont be out until next year sometime.....