Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too have a E61. I like it a lot. But to be honest. The software isnt there. I need ad2p, isilo, audible, chatter, reliable backup of PIMs and tcpmp. I just cant take the lack of support for symbian+ I'm a MAC user. Hello 680.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just have to bite the bullet.

alone the browsing experience speaks for itself I assume.

have you seen the e61's zooming browser windows?

but people may not need good solid browsing, but lots of softwares for this and that.
    I will indeed go for an unlocked 680 as an upgrade from my 650. Why? I need the extra internal storage for all those programs that don't run from a card (Snapper, Worldmate, & epocrates as a start). Yes I would like 3G so I could use the phone in Japan but my understanding is that PalmOS cannot support 3G for whatever reason but it scares me when I read the posts about WinMob draining batteries overnite. All the software I run also will run on WM5 and cross-grade licenses are available so that isn't an issue for me.

Ron
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber View Post
    I just have to bite the bullet.
    alone the browsing experience speaks for itself I assume.
    have you seen the e61's zooming browser windows?
    but people may not need good solid browsing, but lots of softwares for this and that.
    My friend has an E61 -- the browser, while very pretty, is actually not very usable. It seems to lack a very important feature which Blazer has -- fit all content into a single column. Intead, the E61 browser usually lays out content on a full-page width, which means reading web pages is very very hard to do. You are constantly using the joystick to scroll to the right, then back left, then down, then to the right.

Now, to be fair, the E61 browser does render a larger % of websites correctly than Blazer, and my friend is new to the E61 so it's possible she has not learned all the shortcuts that I know for Blazer.

I think overall, Blazer wins for usability.
    Last edited by Xochi; 10/19/2006 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typos -- didn't have coffee yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo View Post
    I will indeed go for an unlocked 680 as an upgrade from my 650. Why? I need the extra internal storage for all those programs that don't run from a card (Snapper, Worldmate, & epocrates as a start).
    Get PowerRun and you can run anything (???) from SD card. I have a lot of apps moved to the card (including Snapper) and works flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi View Post
    My friend has an E61 -- the browser, while very pretty, is actually not very usable. It seems to lack a very important feature which Blazer has -- fit all content into a single column. Intead, the E61 browser usually lays out content on a full-page width, which means reading web pages is very very hard to do. You are constantly using the joystick to scroll to the right, then back left, then down, then to the right.

Now, to be fair, the E61 browser does render a larger % of websites correctly than Blazer, and my friend is new to the E61 so it's possible she has not learned all the shortcuts that I know for Blazer.

I think overall, Blazer wins for usability.
    check this indepth browser overwiev:

http://www.e-series.org/archives/8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12