Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    If it helps make more people buy PALM products....great !!! That will mean more programs, accessories, etc. being made for Palm products by 3rd party companies. So for all the people bashing Palm for making the 680............STFU. God Bless
    "F" and God in the same post, LOL!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It all depends on how low they can price the phone.

If it's too expensive, the phone has no point.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    $199 for a low-cost phone? giggle.

If palm wants to make it low cost, they should price it around $99.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    199?!?! Omg! Sign me up, no more of this 500-700 for treo Been saving for the 700 and I easily have enough to buy the 680 right now.
    $199 is the right number...they'll easily get that
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post

because the SK3 costs $99? I can see the Treo competing with SK3 like devices.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I just got in from the digital life show at jacob javitz convention center and i gotta say i was hatin on the 680 till i started playing with it. I didn't like the girly bright neon colors, but that artic white color is changin my mind. The controls also felt more sturdy when using the 5 way navigation (stiff). Even with my contacts in it still looks like my 700p is more narrow. I was even able to bluetooth over a TYPEPAD program for blogging over to 700p from it. Unfortunately i use blogsource so i am unable to log into a home page. I think palm is gonna make a serious dent in the profits of danger's sidekicks and other sidekick like devices providing they can promote the 680 in the right venuesfor the right $$$$$$
    Last edited by json; 10/14/2006 at 10:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Also if the $199 price is without a plan, then it may drop down to $99 or even FREE with a 1 or 2 year plan. That will be very attractive to many people. God Bless
    $99? Free?? Are you guys talking about the same Palm company I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Your guys are very interesting. $199 for a 320x320 64MB memory bluetooth SD slot with even phone feature Palm devices? Should they give you Palm TX, zire 72 and zire free?

The price tag of 680 won't be lower than $500. This is Palm.com we are dealing with all the time. No miracle here.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Yeah, free with a 7-year contract where you sign in blood. hahaha
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Your guys are very interesting. $199 for a 320x320 64MB memory bluetooth SD slot with even phone feature Palm devices? Should they give you Palm TX, zire 72 and zire free?

The price tag of 680 won't be lower than $500. This is Palm.com we are dealing with all the time. No miracle here.
    They already said this will be their low end consumer phone. If they then charge $500 like a business phone, they'd be going back on their word. Of course this is Palm, but still...

They can't go any higher than $300 or it's no longer a consumer phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The WSJ is citing a price of $199 with a contract. The WSJ isn't some tabloid people, they won't print something that isn't backed by reputable sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    The WSJ is citing a price of $199 with a contract. The WSJ isn't some tabloid people, they won't print something that isn't backed by reputable sources.
    Are they just echoing Colligan's "around $200" quote? To me, that means zip. It could very well require an enormous obligation -- long contract with an onerous data plan -- to get that price.

I would love to be proven wrong, but folks, just look at what the two-year old 650 technology is selling for from Palm -- up to $619 according to their web site as of this minute. Do we really think the 680 is going to be $299-$399 unlocked? I hope so, but that's a real stretch.
    Isn't the 650 right now $50 from Earthlink?
    Are they just echoing Colligan's "around $200" quote? To me, that means zip. It could very well require an enormous obligation -- long contract with an onerous data plan -- to get that price.

I would love to be proven wrong, but folks, just look at what the two-year old 650 technology is selling for from Palm -- up to $619 according to their web site as of this minute. Do we really think the 680 is going to be $299-$399 unlocked? I hope so, but that's a real stretch.
    I thought you all were talking about with contract, sorry. Yes, the unlocked could be around $500.

of course it'll be ~$200 with a contract. I would assume unlocked would cost about double.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post

Not a low cost phone, a low cost smartphone. $99 dollars is a little too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10...680_announced/

Exactly what the Treo 680 will cost, Palm hasn't yet confirmed. Today's Wall Street Journal pegs it at $199. Rather than relying entirely on carriers, Palm will sell the 680 direct off its website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast