Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Isn't the Q $200 with contract? Wasn't it only a couple of months ago people were talking about how cheap it is? So how come a Treo for $200 with contract is suddenly expensive?

Treo bashers will complain no matter what Palm does. Just ignore them, and maybe they'll go away.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Isn't the Q $200 with contract? Wasn't it only a couple of months ago people were talking about how cheap it is? So how come a Treo for $200 with contract is suddenly expensive?

Treo bashers will complain no matter what Palm does. Just ignore them, and maybe they'll go away.

The Q is now $99 with a two year contract on verizons website. I think people are complaining because you can now get a 650 unlocked for less than $200 from ebay without a contract and it's almost the equivalent to the 680 (except for memory and a few tweaks and no anttena). I know of a couple of mom and pop shop cell carriers that will sell it under the table for $150 here in brooklyn and i'm betting that people who are complaining of the price know people like that too
    Last edited by json; 10/17/2006 at 01:49 PM.
    Again last I heard Earthlink is giving the 650 away for $50 with contract. So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Maybe its a question of what you get. With the Q you get a very slim form factor, EVDO and a 1.3 Megapixel camera, DirectPush, A2DP plus EVDO for $200.

With the 680 you get a warmed over 650 for the same price. Maybe thats why the Treo 680 is comparatively expensive.

Surur
    You won't get a 650 for under 200. I sold my used for 260.

As for why 680 should be $300 w/out contract, easy. You glue Zire 72 and Motorola L7 together, that's basically what 680 is, and they cost about $300 combind.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You won't get a 650 for under 200. I sold my used for 260.

As for why 680 should be $300 w/out contract, easy. You glue Zire 72 and Motorola L7 together, that's basically what 680 is, and they cost about $300 combind.
    Ive heard $500 without contract. The TX is $300. $300 is overly optimistic for a contract-free phone.

Surur
    That better be an unlocked model for $500!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    All Treo 680 colours come to Europe
    [Blocked Ads]

[From Gerard Vanderveken, Belgium] Hi Sammy, Europe will also get the missing model colours for the Treo 680. However, the first shipment will be done with one model (graphite) only, in order to fill all the retail channels as quick as possible. The gift season is very near! And less choice means also less logistic problems. Later on, the other models will also be shipped to Europe. So, all Artic, Copper and Crimson fans have to be a little more patient. From the same reliable source on the Dutch PalmClub, I learned, that the Treo 680 may be on sale in the Netherlands as soon as mid november and will come with an introduction price of 420 euro.Not bad at all! Still 4 weeks ... I can hardly wait!

Oct 18, 2006 in Sammual James - McLoughlin - Editor in Chief / Publisher, UK & NYC | Permalink
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...eo_680_co.html

420 euros=$525 and thats the special introductory price.

Surur
    I don't think I'd pay any more than $500 for the 680. I can get a good Nokia with wifi and/or high speed for $400-$600, so even $500 is pushing it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    When can we buy the E62 unlocked from the internet? And how much is it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Again last I heard Earthlink is giving the 650 away for $50 with contract. So yeah.
    You have to sign up with $40 minmum voice plan and $40 required data plan. It doesn't mean anything.
    The E61 can be found for $350-$500, the average is around $400. I seriously hope they only want $300-$350 for the E62 considering they took off 2 important features!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    When can we buy the E62 unlocked from the internet? And how much is it going to be?

You have to sign up with $40 minmum voice plan and $40 required data plan. It doesn't mean anything.
    Still for some people that is actually a good deal.
    No it's not. It's basically Sprint but more expensive.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12