1.    #1  
    Now that we are all disappointed that the new Treo 680 does not have the mythical Integrated WiFi...I guess our only choice now is to get a WiFi card.

Until someone finds a hack to get a WiFi card to work in the 680, I guess i'll have to wait for the BlackBerry 8800 with integrated WiFi and Integrated GPS

If the story palm is sticking with about "carriers won't let them put WiFi in their phones" how come phones such as Nokia (n80, e61, e70), HTC (Dash, TynTn), and the upcoming Blackberry (Indigo, Crimson) can have them?

Does anyone know if ANY SD Wifi Card will/would be compatible with the 680???
    Not as it currently stands.
    It's even less likely that a wifi card would work in the 680 because the SD card is now completely inclosed, as opposed to previous Treo models. WIFI cards usually stick out a little bit.
  4.    #4  
    Can't a wifi card stick out of the treo, just with the latch open?
    SD Wifi card could stick out theoretically on the 680, as bcalis did it on the 750v with a miniSD card. Unfortunately they're not creating drivers for the PalmOS Treos so it won't work anyway
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    I have a 8700c, but I have heard that some guy named Shadowmite created drivers that allowed WiFi cards to be installed on Palm OS (650,700p).

Hopefully someone will be able to make a hack, because I have used a Cingular 3125, but I hate WM5, and would much rather have a Palm OS treo, especially with my mac.
    Wifi won't be on the 680 anytime soon. If after the 600, 650, and 700p they couldn't figure it out, then chances are it won't be any different with the 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Wifi won't be on the 680 ever. If after the 600, 650, and 700p they couldn't figure it out, then chances are it won't be any different with the 680.
    Fixed.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjyBoy View Post
    Now that we are all disappointed that the new Treo 680 does not have the mythical Integrated WiFi...I guess our only choice now is to get a WiFi card.

Until someone finds a hack to get a WiFi card to work in the 680, I guess i'll have to wait for the BlackBerry 8800 with integrated WiFi and Integrated GPS

If the story palm is sticking with about "carriers won't let them put WiFi in their phones" how come phones such as Nokia (n80, e61, e70), HTC (Dash, TynTn), and the upcoming Blackberry (Indigo, Crimson) can have them?

Does anyone know if ANY SD Wifi Card will/would be compatible with the 680???
    If Palm could have gotten T-Mobile to work with them on the T680 it probably would have had WiFi because of their huge investment in T-Mobile Hotspots. However, T-Mobile was burned on the T600 by the high return rate. Now they have the Dash so there goes the one and only operator that would want WiFi. I'm going to check out both the Dash and the 680 and then decide which one is going to be my next device.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Fixed.
    Eh? Fixed? As in the WiFi card works in the 600/650/700p?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  11.    #11  
    No as in fixed from "Wifi won't be on the 680 anytime soon" to "Wifi won't be on the 680 anytime EVER"