Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had volumacare v5.46 installed on my 700p but did not like it so i removed it, but now my speakerphone is nowhere near as loud as it was before instaling volumecare..any sugestions?
    It just shows you how much VC increased volume levels...now stock default settings seem too low...in which before VC seemed normal. And if there is a real problem do a soft reset. I do a SF after an app installation and after I delete one.
    at&t iPhone3G
  3.    #3  
    i did soft reset few times after that and no change, does it mean I have to go back to volume care?
    All I know is that I uninstalled VC once and noticed how my stock volume levels seemed subpar just because I got accustumed to VC increasing volume levels. You can either get used to the stock settings or reinstall VC...IMO, I can't live with my Treo without VC.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    All I know is that I uninstalled VC once and noticed how my stock volume levels seemed subpar just because I got accustumed to VC increasing volume levels. You can either get used to the stock settings or reinstall VC...IMO, I can't live with my Treo without VC.
    Thanks for your support! I hear from 100's of people each week about how VolumeCare has improved their usage of the Treo. It amkes me feel so good that I can make influence so many people's Treo experience. I strive to deliver products that provide value to the Treo community. Just as a side note, I have not changed the price of VolumeCare in over a year now and I have no plans to do so in the future. I want everyone to say that I over deliver on value for the price they pay for the product. Also, I do not charge for VolumeCare upgrades. Once you buy a feature set, you never have to purchase it again. New features that require significant developement effort are released as "optional" add-on modules. Users that purchased VolumeCare for their Treo 600's have been able to move that same VolumeCare license to the Treo 650 and the Treo 700p without an upgrade fee!

Please enjoy the product!

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    my treo is less than week old and I had the VC only for a day but did not like it very much so I uninstalled the same day and now the treo speaker is not as loud as it was when it was new out of box....whats up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bartaholic View Post
    my treo is less than week old and I had the VC only for a day but did not like it very much so I uninstalled the same day and now the treo speaker is not as loud as it was when it was new out of box....whats up with that?
    VolumeCare does not modify the operating system in your Treo. Neither does it leave any "sound" settings behind after you remove the software.

If you contact me, I will help you in any way possible. Second, I am curious what you did not like in the product.

Jeff
    jeff AT GoTreoSoftware.com
  8.    #8  
    there is two things I can not get it to work
    everytime I would set the level to the way I want and click on save this setting I dont think it was saving it. every time new call was made the settings were not what I saved it at
    and other thing is how do I switch between valume and boost using the side volume buttons?
    there is two things I can not get it to work
    everytime I would set the level to the way I want and click on save this setting I dont think it was saving it. every time new call was made the settings were not what I saved it at
    and other thing is how do I switch between valume and boost using the side volume buttons?
    2 very good questions.

everytime I would set the level to the way I want and click on save this setting I dont think it was saving it.
    The SAVE button in the new Volume Graph will only save the "volume" and not the "boost" level. Also for safety reasons, the save button will not save any maximum value. Maximum values can only be saved within VolumeCare's configuration screens. Also, the SAVE button will only save the current volume level for the active speaker. Remember each Treo speaker type has its own volume configuration setting in VolumeCare.

how do I switch between valume and boost using the side volume buttons?
    If you are in AUTOMATIC mode, VolumeCare will do this adjustment for you automatically. When you use the volume rocker on the side of the Treo the volume bar (Blue Bar) will initially move. When it reaches 100%, the boost bar (green bar) will automatically raise by one click. Each time you press the volume UP key, the boost level will increase. Eventually the green bar will turn red indicating you are getting very loud.

If you are in ADVANCED mode, there are 2 configuration settings in the Advanced Configuration screen within Phone Mode that control boost adjustment during a phone call. By default the boost level is fixed and the volume rocker keys adjust the volume during a call. One option in the Advanced screen allows you to perminantly change the volume rocker so it now adjusts boost. Another option in this configuration screen allows you to use the side button on the Treo to switch the behavior of the volume rocker during a phone call. Advanced mode is only for people that want "complete" control over the Treo's volume during a phone call. Most people should use AUTOMATIC mode.

I hope this helps expalin your 2 questions. If you are still unsure or having difficulties please contact me at: jeff AT GoTreoSoftware.com and send me your phone number. I routinely spend time on the phone with customers and prospects.

Jeff
    How could you possibly not like VolumeCare?

It does exactly what it supposed to do and very well..................
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    How could you possibly not like VolumeCare?

It does exactly what it supposed to do and very well..................
    Ditto!!

Thanks Jeff for the detailed explanation. Always great to hear the design theory straight from the developer!!

Great App!!
    Help! I have installed volumecare cos I was not happy with the 650. People keep complaining they cannot hear me, even when I can hear them.

Now everyone is saying it is worse since I installed volumecare. Would someone talk a thicko (me) thru this in an idiotproof way?
    Thank you.
  13.    #13  
    ok, thanks jeff for the details
    I installed it again last night, will give it another shot

when you talking about the side button you are referring to the little button on the left side of the treo under the volume buttons right?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rentawitch View Post
    Help! I have installed volumecare cos I was not happy with the 650. People keep complaining they cannot hear me, even when I can hear them.

Now everyone is saying it is worse since I installed volumecare. Would someone talk a thicko (me) thru this in an idiotproof way?
    Thank you.
    Sounds like your mic volume is too low, but the 650s do have audio problems...among others, try the 650 forums

P.S. Jeff you are awesome! I have been enjoying volume care for a while and you have been more then responsive to your customer's concerns.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by rentawitch View Post

Thank you.
    Please send me an email with your phone number and I will call you. Or I will respond to your email and send you my number for you to call me. Together we will get VolumeCare to work on your device.

Quickly, here is what I would suggest:

1) Use AUTOMATIC Mode
    2) In the Phone Mode CONFIGURATION screen, use the menu item that is called "RECOMMENDED VALUES"

Doing these 2 things will reset VolumeCare to its default configuration. This setup will work on 99.999% of all Treos for good behavior. Problems usually start if you over adjust the MIC/volume settings.

Jeff
    jeff AT GoTreoSoftware.com
    ok, thanks jeff for the details
    I installed it again last night, will give it another shot
    Awesome. Contact me if you need help.

when you talking about the side button you are referring to the little button on the left side of the treo under the volume buttons right?
    Yes exactly.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Sounds like your mic volume is too low, but the 650s do have audio problems...among others, try the 650 forums
    Good call. Also many Treo's are having MIC issues these days.

P.S. Jeff you are awesome! I have been enjoying volume care for a while and you have been more then responsive to your customer's concerns.
    Thank you for the nice compliment! I absolutely try to over deliver on customer support! My belief is that quality products are a requirement but personal and well informed customer support is an absolute requirement.

Jeff
  18.    #18  
    thanks jeff
    it does make it louder in the handset but when I switch to the speaker phone even with maximum volume and boost levels i still find it not loud enough
    any suggestions?
    I agree with most of you that Volumecare is the best app and I could not live with out it. I got it the first day I got the phone. Thanks Jeff Great Program.
    I have the same issue as bartoholic on the speakerphone issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast