Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bartaholic View Post
    thanks jeff
    it does make it louder in the handset but when I switch to the speaker phone even with maximum volume and boost levels i still find it not loud enough
    any suggestions?
    The volume on the Treo 700p speaker phones is absolutely terrible! VolumeCare is doing everything it can to increase the volume on the speaker phone. I suggest you do the following for the 700p:

1) Go into the VolumeCare application on your Treo
    2) Tap on the box next to ADVANCED Mode
    3) Tap on the configure button to the right of ADVANCED Mode
    4) Press the 5-way navigation DOWN button 1 time
    5) Press the 5-way navigation LEFT button one time
    6) Press the 5-way navigation RIGHT button 10 times
    (You should have moved the speakerphone BOOST level as far to the right as possible)
    7) Tap on the OK button
    8) Tap on the box next to AUTOMATIC Mode

What this process did was to adjust the defult boost level for the speaker phone to its maximum level.

I hope this helps.....

Jeff
  2.    #22  
    thats the setting I have
    the handset speaker when set to maximum volume and boost is louder that the darn speakerphone....guess its the best I can hope for
    Quote Originally Posted by bartaholic View Post
    thats the setting I have
    the handset speaker when set to maximum volume and boost is louder that the darn speakerphone....guess its the best I can hope for
    Yes the speaker phone on the 700p is not something that is very useful. Funny thing is VolumeCare does a great job of boosting the sounds of 3rd party applications that use the back speaker (aka speaker phone).

Jeff
    well i have a question will this help with my bluetooth headsets, because its very low
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    well i have a question will this help with my bluetooth headsets, because its very low
    Unfortunately I have to unswer this question almost everyday. I have tried for months to find a solution that will increase the volume on Bluetooth headsets. But there is just not a solution available for the current Bluetooth version in the Treo phones.

I know wireless is so cool and easy! IMHO there are 3 main reasons to not use Bluetooth headets today:

1) Very poor volume from most Bluetooth headsets
    2) The audio path is only 1 direction at a time. Meaning Bluetooth headsets on the Treo's are like old speaker phones. Only one party in a conversation can hear the other at any one time. It is a half duplex communication device.
    3) The MIC picks up almost all external noise. If you use the headset while driving, in the airport, on the street, etc. - your caller will have a hard time hearing you over the background noise.

Wired headset have superior audio qualities and some have outstanding noise cancelation on their MIC's. I know the wire is a pain, but you gain so much by having that wire!

Jeff
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12