1.    #1  
    HI,

I started experiencing jumping tracks since I started using my 4 gig card. Ptunes used to work skip free when I was still using a 1 gig sd. It happens when I receive or send sms. It also seems to be related to the times when the Treo is looking for a signal. Same problem exhibited by Aero Player. Could this be a fat32 problem with the 4gig?
    Last edited by MFB; 10/14/2006 at 12:44 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I fixed this already. I reflashed with an new custom rom. Removed all unnecessary files as per Jamesgangut thread on tips and tricks. Im using 3.18 without any jumps on my mp3s. It finally works well with my 4 gig Transcend card. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I fixed this already. I reflashed with an new custom rom. Removed all unnecessary files as per Jamesgangut thread on tips and tricks. Im using 3.18 without any jumps on my mp3s. It finally works well with my 4 gig Transcend card. : )
    Just out of curiosity, is your pTunes 3.18 in RAM or part of your custom ROM?
    What exact files did you delete? Is your phone a GSM phone? Is your carrier Cingular? I have the same exact problem with my Treo 650 w/ FAT32 and a 4 gig card jumping songs in Ptunes and freezing in Ptunes in my car while driving on top of the same bridge without fail when the phone starts it searche for a signal. I get the GSM signal search noise through my speakers and then Ptunes freezes the phone.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've got the same problem too. All I did with my ROM was swap the Fat32 for the Fat16. I'm thinking I'll pull a couple of things that I don't use out of the ROM to make it smaller in hopes that it will help. I also didn't do a hard reset when I changed the ROM. Maybe that made a difference.

GSM - Cingular
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  6.    #6  
    I fixed my problem by installing Ptunes in rom first. I used the one that works in rom. It should be two files. After that worked and no skipping occurred, I upgraded to 3.18. When that worked, I removed the one in rom and haven't had the skipping problem since then.