Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Version 4.0: We are happy to release an update to BackupBuddyVFS Pro, now at version 4.0. Please note this is a PAID update to BBVFS users who have purchased before March 2006. If you purchased after March 1, 2006 BBVFS 4 is a free upgrade. If you have questions, please contact upgrades@bluenomad and include your order information. With the release of BBVFS 4, version 3.x will no longer be updated.

• Standard Zip compression and encryption: this allows you to access your backup files directly on your desktop computer, for example. Note that Zip encryption isn't very strong, so we still support our legacy compression and encryption format (based on Zip, and TEA, respectively). Zip file creation requires a device running Palm OS 5 or later.
    • Third-party application locking (Advanced mode): newer Palm devices, such as the Treo 650/700p, work with a new type of memory (i.e. Non-Volatile File System, or NVFS). Unfortunately some older background applications don't interact well with this type of memory, and can cause the device to become unstable especially when doing large amounts of file read/writes. You now have the option to lock those applications in memory during our backup operations to make backups more reliable.
    • Continuous backup (Advanced mode): allows you to keep your important files continously backed up as you use your device. So for example, if you add an entry to your Address Book and switch away or power off your device, the file will be backed up immediately.
    • Multiple backup sets (Advanced mode): allows you to tailor your backups more precisely. e.g. have one profile for scheduled backups, and another when backing up when your device powers off.
    • Backup on low battery
    • Automatic checkpoint creation (Advanced mode): BackupBuddyVFS can now automatically create checkpoints every X days, and every X backups. You can also limit how much space to allocate to checkpoints.
    • Tree-View (Advanced mode): the older versions of BackupBuddyVFS presented your backup files in a flat list; version 4 replaces this with a tree view making it easier for you to identify which files you'd like to backup and restore.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Didn't see an upgrade purchase option as yet.
    But then again should I continue to spend money on Palm OS apps when I'll probably buy a 750 when an unlocked is released... I guess that's another story...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C