Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I haven't been around in a while and wonder if there has been a fix for the battleneck in blazer? My speeds are still really slow.

Thank you _
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    I'm just coming from the 650 to 700. I am pretty impressed with the browser speed, even without evdo. Of course, there is no download limit, you can set up fast page mode, and you can install smaller fonts that make it look really good. Also, the best thing, is the streaming capabilities. Literally hundreds of radio stations stream in wmp and even without evdo, music sounds good.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I also am happy with the speed of 700p...
    But
    What is / how to;
    "you can set up fast page mode," ?

I tried to run Picsel viewer on it and it kept crashing.. Will try some more when I get my SD slot not working problem solved.. (Damn app installed causing it to not recognize insertion) on 650 or 700.

As for browsers;
    I realy liked Picsel browser for general browsing on my Treo 650..the major prob with it is, nothing is associated within it..Audio or video links dont init a player..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus View Post
    I haven't been around in a while and wonder if there has been a fix for the battleneck in blazer? My speeds are still really slow.

Thank you _
    Stay away from Opera Mini. Although it renders way fast, displays ALL web page formats WAY better the latency is horrible compared to Blazer. It also locks up very frequently. Infact, it sent my 700p into the endless Access loop where I had to do a reset that cleared all my data.
    What is / how to;
    "you can set up fast page mode," ?
    In Blazer, Options, Preferences, General, and click on Fast Mode. Works for most websites. It basically disables cascading sheets on web pages. Under this option, you can also disable images. To make things even better, go to Advanced and put 8mb in the cache.
    opera has worked GREAT for me for three months.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    opera has worked GREAT for me for three months.
    Lucky for you. I really wanted to like Opera, it displayed/renfered every website like it was supposed to be. It just locked-up so frequently that it was unsuable. Then, when it sent me into the reboot loop and caused me to loose all my data, I gave up nd went back to Blazer.
    WisonB:

You can also just touch the little lightning icon at the top of a Blazer window and pick normal or fast mode.

Be well, all.

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 10/16/2006 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo