1.    #1  
    Hello all, I'm a treo 650 addict for the last 2 years. This morning I woke up to my phone in an endless reset loop. Last night, I went to bed and everything is fine. Now I think I have a hardware issue. The palmsource logo and progress bar will show, then the grey palm logo will come up for about a split second and then reset.

I've been using the romtool and custom roms for the last year. I had currently been using my last rom for the last 3 months or so until I ran into a problem today. I have tried soft, warm, hard reset to no avail. The reset loop continues. I have been unsuccessful in doing a zero out reset because it just invokes the bootloader. I have tried loading the standard palm rom and that does not work either.

Not really sure what to do from here. Do I have any other solutions available to me? I think I am outside my warranty period. Should I just buy another Treo on ebay?

Thanks
    I have the same problem but I'm not using any custom roms. I'm using the original unlocked/unbranded GSM ROM that came with my Treo 650. Any solutions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Pull the battery for a couple of hours... then put it back in and try another hard reset or two
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Pull the battery for a couple of hours... then put it back in and try another hard reset or two
    Thanks. I tried this but it doesn't work. My battery has been out of my Treo 650 for about 6 hours and it still refuses to accept any hard reset. I've tried to hard reset it about 4 times and it just keeps looping.
    Quote Originally Posted by 600treo View Post
    Thanks. I tried this but it doesn't work. My battery has been out of my Treo 650 for about 6 hours and it still refuses to accept any hard reset. I've tried to hard reset it about 4 times and it just keeps looping.
    Thanks. I basically sent an e-mail to Palm Support and they basically cut and pasted their webpage on how to do the various resets without even understanding/reading my e-mail problem. They also told me that I should rename the "backup" directory from my computer even though I mentioned in my e-mail that the reset loop is not ending and I never get the chance to resynch with my computer.

I got fed up with this and called their hardware support. Since my Treo 650 still has about 3 months of warranty left, they told me to send it back and they would either fix it (which I doubt) or give me a refurbished unit (more likely).

After some experimenting, I think that my problem is that there is something wrong with the "up" key on my Treo 650. Regardless of the fact that I press it during the warm reset, hard reset, and zero-out reset, it just keeps resetting and never stops. I tried performing a hard reset and when I released the on/off key, I got the "press up to erase everything" message and I pressed "down" or "left" or "right" and I get the same results as if I pressed the "up" key. My Treo 650 just keeps rebooting again and again without ever stopping. This is why I think that my Treo 650 isn't registering properly when I press the "up" key. I've pressed the "up" key multiple times so I know that I am pressing it properly and I've also tried it multiple times so I don't think that I'm doing it "wrong" each of those times. I am definitely hitting "up".

In any event, Palm will probably send me a refurbished unit after getting my 9 month old Treo 650 back.
    I'm sure you probably allready looked at this, but do you have a screen saver on that could be stuck under the lip? If you have one, try removing it. A stuck key can do the same thing.