1.    #1  
    Hey Mark just having a little problem i have a POP and an IMAP account and im running ver 2.1.3 stable version of chatter now, sometimes i read all my messages and when i come back to chatter after a while the messages are marked unread, sometimes not all of them but random ones. maybe this is a bug? and another ? in the pop3 account is there anyway to have a trash box and a sent mail box for it, i know there is the treo sent folder but then it would save my imap sent messages there too wouldnt it?
    Hi, Rick.

I'm not aware of any problem with read/unread messages; I assume this is IMAP, right? As far as a trash and sent box for POP3 mail, I don't support that.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Well actually it does it on both mailboxes the imap and the pop3 ,it doest it once in a while if i read the email, and exit the application when i come back into it the message will be bold again like i didnt read it.
    Marc,

I too have this problem (I use IMAP exclusively with ChatterEmail). I used to think that I was doing something wrong... but now rick2203 has also reported this problem.

I am using 2.2b7

- mvk
    Game over!
    I'd need to see a log that shows the problem. If this is happening on POP3, I am utterly baffled, because read/unread is local to the Treo.

Marc
    gmail will spontaneously switch from read to unread at times. Often it is because you have accessed the account from else where, but sometimes it 'just happens'.

I haven't seen it in imaps.. I may have seen it in pop3
    But there is no read/unread state in POP3!

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Marc how do i get the log file, do i doit in with the console command?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    But there is no read/unread state in POP3!

Marc
    I suppose if gmail changes the message numbers underneath chatter, it will make the local db think they are new... since they are to chatter (and any other sane email program)
    Message number changes don't matter - Chatter simply doesn't use ANY information from Gmail for read/unread state.

Marc
  11.    #11  
    well in my case i'm using a fastmail account thats being forwarded to a Aim.com email account for the extra storage.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Marc I am having the same issues when using emailtreo.com and version 2.2b2u112:x66:m178. Sometimes the email just randomly reappears as unread even though I have deleted it from the in box on the treo. I can send a log if you like.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Yes, a log would be helpful, especially if it contains some annotation about what you're seeing.

Marc
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Marc I am having the same issues when using emailtreo.com and version 2.2b2u112:x66:m178. Sometimes the email just randomly reappears as unread even though I have deleted it from the in box on the treo. I can send a log if you like.
    1. Do the emails reappear in Chatter, or in emailtreo.com (or in the desktop email app that you use to check emailtreo.com email)?
    2. Was Chatter shut down and restarted in between the email deletion and re-appearance? If so, were you presented a question (something like emails need to be sync'd up...) before the shutdown?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    1. Do the emails reappear in Chatter, or in emailtreo.com (or in the desktop email app that you use to check emailtreo.com email)?
    2. Was Chatter shut down and restarted in between the email deletion and re-appearance? If so, were you presented a question (something like emails need to be sync'd up...) before the shutdown?
    webedc,

The emails reappear in Chatter. emailtreo.com seems to be ok. I have not shut down chatter at all and have not been presented any questions to sync up.

Marc, I have been all over the chatter folder on my card, and this seems to be the only log I can find.
    EDIT: After looking at the file attached, it is not the log. Let me know the path and I will upload it for you. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by theecigarman; 10/19/2006 at 08:43 AM. Reason: update
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    There is a FAQ on my site about logging.

Marc