1.    #1  
    I have had a Sprint Treo 650 for almost 2 years. Use it 24/7. It's worked pretty well, especially after a few of Palm's upgrades. However, the most disturbing feature has been bluetooth. I've tried countless bluetooth head sets...expensive to cheap...and none seem to work well, especially outgoing transmissions. It also has very weak reception - if I move it to the other side of my body the transmission all but fails and we've all seen the many posts about the lack of loudness of incoming calls.

The other feature improvements in the 680 are nice but if bluetooth 1.2 doesn't offer any noticable improvements in quality of transmission then I believe it will be a big disappointment. On the other hand, if 1.2 substantially improves transmission quality I would buy it in a minute. Bluetooth headsets are just too convenient and necessary for so many people, it would be a shame to not fix that glaring deficiency.

I anxiously look forward to reports of comparisons between bluetooth 1.1 in the 650 and 1.2 in the 680.

Bioguy
    I have found the biggest problem with bluetooth is usually the headset in my experience. I found all motorola ones to suck and never be loud enough. Even the motorola bluetooth headphones suck. I have found all the Platronics ones to be plenty loud enough and work really well.
  3.    #3  
    I've tried them all, but I think it's the 650's 1.1 bluetooth implementation.
    I use the Motorola Bluetooth Headset and yes, the volume is quite low but after using it for almost 2 years now I have gotten used to it. I still think the Motorola is the best. Just my $0.02.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    It's the 650 to blame for many headset problems. I have used the same head set on multiple phones without any problem. I am curious if the 680 will be better
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    I have found the biggest problem with bluetooth is usually the headset in my experience. I found all motorola ones to suck and never be loud enough. Even the motorola bluetooth headphones suck. I have found all the Platronics ones to be plenty loud enough and work really well.
    I agree completely. I have used two Moto headsets with the 650 and they both sucked. I've been using two Plantronics Discovery 640s with my 650 for the past 6 months or so and the sound is loud and people hear me clearly. The only problem is that I get a lot of static depending on what side of my the body the phone is located on or if a walk more thant 5 feet away from the phone. Bluetooth 1.2 is supposed to solve those issues.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Well, so far BT is all but dead on my 700P. A logitech that I used very well with my 650 doesn't work with the 700P. So I tried the Palm TrŽo Headset only to discover that that too doesn't work.
    Thinking it was my phone, I exchanged it for another, and same problem. So now I have two BT headsets that work well with the 650 but not at all with the 700P, yet the 650 is BT 1.1 and 700P is BT 1.2...
    Forgive me if I don't get what BT 1.2 is supposed to bring forth...or did Palm just royally *bend over* the implementation of BT on the 700P..?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....