Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/softreset.shtml

and it will do a hard reset if you read the readme...
    Suh-weet.

Oh well. Pay no attention to me, then.

Quote Originally Posted by spygrad2003
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=50677
    Here's the one I was thinking of. Worked great on my Clie when I was actually using it.
    For some reason, I couldn't see that link until I tried to respond to someone else's post.

So, that app made your device more stable?
  2.    #22  
    It didn't make it more stable, but it made any crashes or required resets much easier. On most crashes a little screen would come up saying you need to reset, and would give you a reset button which didn't work. this eliminates that problem.

It more or less just makes it so that you don't have to push the reset button with a stylus or pen or whatever. It just resets for you when needed. Saves a lot of time, and could solve the problem of always having to take an unstable device out of a case. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe someone will have a Palm OS reset app out soon. That would be convenient! There may even already be one.
    uninstall has a reset function
    I'm a long time listener, first time caller...

I have a Treo 600 through Sprint and moved earlier this year to new location in which Sprint's coverage is sporadic. The 600 basically does everything I need, although I'd like Bluetooth and somewhat faster speed.

So for me, the 680 is just about perfect and I plan on buying one. Now it's time to go hit refresh on the Cingular home page...
    Quote Originally Posted by spygrad2003 View Post
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=50677
    Here's the one I was thinking of. Worked great on my Clie when I was actually using it.
    Yep... CrashPro. I've heard of a lot of people using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber View Post
    uninstall has a reset function
    What does this mean?
    Last edited by west3man; 10/13/2006 at 09:10 AM.
    I agree that I think for the target market the 680 is pretty good. I think they should have really worked on putting a much better camera in it (that's what the feature phone users want) and MP3 ringtones. With those, I think it would be a slam dunk for that market. Even so it has opportunity to do really well.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I just remembered, the times when a soft-reset is more necessary are the times when I canít change/close programs. So, a program that allows me to soft reset isnít the best replacement for a RESET button.
  9.    #29  
    Crash Pro actaully catches those instances when you can't close a program... a crash. It appears automatically when this happens, and allows you to reset safely.
    Crash Pro actaully catches those instances when you can't close a program... a crash. It appears automatically when this happens, and allows you to reset safely.
    I was talking about the program someone else offered, but that DOES sound good. That's a Palm-compatible product? (I'm not familiar with your phone.)
  11.    #31  
    Oh, sorry west. Yea, I believe crashpro is compatible with many different devices. I currently don't have a smart phone, but am using a Sony Clie, but I believe the product is compatible with a wide variaty of brands.
  12.    #32  
    I just checked, and the newest version is compatable with the 700p, so I'm assuming it is, or will soon be, compatable with the 680, and probably already is with the older treos.
    I just checked, and the newest version is compatable with the 700p, so I'm assuming it is, or will soon be, compatable with the 680, and probably already is with the older treos.
    Nice.
    Thanks for the info.
  14.    #34  
    another point of interest (if you're into this sorta thing) is that crash pro is themeable, so your crash/reset screens can look like whatever your heart desires lol.
    yup... as i said, lots of others use crashpro. I just haven't had a need ... yet. Lokks like it may be a 'needed' ultility for the 680
    I just got my 650 a month ago, and though I've suffered through the occasional resets (messaging), it's otherwise been pretty good to me. Now the 680 is coming out, and I'm wondering the same thing as I did when I had the 600... Will Profiles and Callfilter work on it? Those are the only 2 programs I've ever really needed. So if anyone knows, please post
    "some people will like this phone, get over it"

True.

It's true for the Treo 680 just as much as it's true for the RZR.

I can't imagine why on God's Green Earth anyone would want to own a RZR. Ugliest thing I've ever seen. Hideous.

Yet Moto sells a few of them.

I guess I'll have to live with the fact that a couple of people don't agree with my expert assessment of the situation.
  18.    #38  
    Yea, I agree with the rzr. I worked for Unicel for a while, and everyone that came in wanted the rzr. It was all in the marketing. Motorola marketted the crap out of that phone, and it worked for them.

From the experience I had using that phone in the store, and from many customer testimonials/complains, it wasn't that great of a phone at all.
    Yea, I agree with the rzr. I worked for Unicel for a while, and everyone that came in wanted the rzr. It was all in the marketing. Motorola marketted the crap out of that phone, and it worked for them.

From the experience I had using that phone in the store, and from many customer testimonials/complains, it wasn't that great of a phone at all.
    That's the impression I get, too, since my parents are frequently complaining about'em.

But then, I'm on my third 650, if I remember correctly.
    For $199, read "free (or pretty darn close to it) with contract", this is a no-brainer for everyone who always wanted a smart phone but didnt wanna spend $400 or spend 4 hours RTFM'ing.

Palm needed this phone on the market to keep mindshare which was being eroded by the Rzr, Q etc.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/10/12/treo_680/
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast