Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [Hi Ben.]

So far, this looks pretty nice. You can drag around the maps like in the browser-based version, zoom, search, etc.

It doesn't look like it uses LBS in any way.

Is there an API to send data to the app so applications like DirectoryAssistant can pull up maps for you in this version, rather than on the web?

Also, how do you specify LAT LON coords?
    Last edited by Lion; 10/12/2006 at 11:03 AM.
    Very nice. I'm glad to see that they included a satellite view.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    [Hi Ben.]
    Also, how do you specify LAT LON coords?
    Just search like you would on maps.google.com

(Find Location)
    37.423, -122.085

(Zoom in to see Google HQ, zoom in lots!)
    From my looking at it, I do not see it passing information on. However, due to its interaction with the Google system, this is an awesome product. I see this as being better than KMaps and KMaps has been excellent for me. I moved around a lot using the application and it kept pace very well.

Ben
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    so where is the cache and cookies stored card or internal memory cause this thing looks slick but memory could be a major problem yup i just found a huge cache file on main memory and just moved gmm to the card and we'll see what happens
    So,, I'll stick with KMAPS which is really, really cool.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ View Post
    Now, the satellite view on this thing is just plain COOL!! i mean, it's like youre on a computer. It's crystal clear. And the fluidity at which you can move around on the D-pad is magnific! Gonna have to ditch KMAPS which has aided me very well.

thank God for SPRINT!
    Last edited by hova; 10/12/2006 at 12:57 PM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by orr101 View Post
    The supported devices section relates to brew based phones. This is a PRC file which works great on my verizon 700p.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I have to admit, this is an awesome app. I'm so glad Google released it for all Treos, instead of just the new 680.

Maps/Traffic/Directions is just one of those "no brainer" apps for a mobile device. This should have been bundled with every Treo since the beginning.

This alone will do more to sell average people on the idea of smartphones than WiFi or 3G ever could.

Now they just need to bundle a real movie showtime/ticket purchase app, and a decent RSS reader.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir View Post
    The supported devices section relates to brew based phones. This is a PRC file which works great on my verizon 700p.
    I'll drink to that!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    This thing is the best the live traffic is wild so is the sattelite view and the driving directions are so easy to navigate some one did there treo homework when they made this thing. i just wish there was a store on card option but so far it works fine using zlauncher to move it to the card and the cache file moved over as well
  13.    #13  
    The PRC file should work just fine on a Verizon Treo. I've tried it on a T|X over wifi, works fine.
    It's missing one huge thing though; there appears to be no way to lookup addresses from the Palm DB... so if I want to route from my house to client A, I have to type in both addresses by hand.

Other then that, pure awesome.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo View Post
    It's missing one huge thing though; there appears to be no way to lookup addresses from the Palm DB... so if I want to route from my house to client A, I have to type in both addresses by hand.
    But at least it remembers the addresses so after awhile of using the app they will show up in the drop down list.
    Works just fine with my Verizon 650.

Quote Originally Posted by rufo View Post

Other then that, pure awesome.

I agree. That would be nice. But for true routing, I'll use my vehicle GPS. For me, this app becomes useful when in someone else's vehicle, or on foot.
    Awesome on my 700P!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Ok. I hate to complain, because I love this app, but why is it that every company in the world uses red and green? Knowing that a decent percentage of the population is red-green colorblind, it would be nice if they at least chose different shades of red and green that we could all see. They always seem to go for those exact reds and greens that I can't tell apart.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Amazing little app. I'm finding the map draws when you scroll to be 3-5 times (guessing) faster than KMaps!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Ok. I hate to complain, because I love this app, but why is it that every company in the world uses red and green? Knowing that a decent percentage of the population is red-green colorblind, it would be nice if they at least chose different shades of red and green that we could all see. They always seem to go for those exact reds and greens that I can't tell apart.
    Hrm.. a colorblind mode would be a good idea.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast