Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    It works fine on the card. If you are worried about memory usage/maintenance, there are bunches of threads on the forum that do a pretty good job of covering it.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    so where is the cache and cookies stored card or internal memory cause this thing looks slick but memory could be a major problem yup i just found a huge cache file on main memory and just moved gmm to the card and we'll see what happens
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It works fine on the card. If you are worried about memory usage/maintenance, there are bunches of threads on the forum that do a pretty good job of covering it.

Ben
    i moved it to the card using z-launcher and all is ok but the option of storing everything it downloads to the card would be nice in the next version as of now the cache file grew to 800k and that was just some sat views

another question is what is the cache size set at or will it grow and grow

kmaps puts all onto the card and can pull the map off the card for a faster load time. allthough this gmm app is still pretty quick and i LIKE it much.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    This Google app is sweet, but wheres the bookmark option. Linking it to address book or other apps, would be nice..

Cheers
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Anyone tried with Tmobile ( T-zones) ? I downloaded it and when i try to run it it says "you need a data plan". Though i can browse , check my emails etc...

any idea ?
    Amazing that people are downplaying this application so much.. It's awesome.

I wonder how much tile cache it maintains, if it ever clears it itself.. I noticed it was at 700k pretty fast looking around my city seeing how well it worked. There are a few options for clearing the cache, but be nice if it could do that itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by askmahesh View Post
    Anyone tried with Tmobile ( T-zones) ? I downloaded it and when i try to run it it says "you need a data plan". Though i can browse , check my emails etc...

any idea ?
    I'm in the same boat as you - I'm on tmobile Tzones and can access the internet fine via proxy, but i get the same "you need a data plan" error.
    The missing piece, to make my 700p almost perfect.

I wonder if directory assistant could direct its map results to this app rather than blazer. That would be sweet.
    Last edited by stroths; 10/12/2006 at 04:57 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Could somone point me in the right direction for a good cache clearing program or process? This would definitely enhance my GMM experience!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I wonder if directory assistant could place a call to this app rather than blazer. That would be sweet.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I hope the developer adds that feature.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I concur
    I thought I had a scoop when I beamed it to my 700p from the 680 at Javitz. Guess I was wrong.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Wow!@
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Awesome app. The free traffic info is very valuable. I'm looking forward to when they integrate it with bluetooth GPS and voice nav so I can dump TomTom.
    I concur as well
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    This alone will do more to sell average people on the idea of smartphones than WiFi or 3G ever could.
    I love Google Maps Mobile, and I've been using it for about 9 months on my regular (non-treo) cell phone. It works on all J2ME-enabled phones, so no smartphone required. But having a Palm version means that I might be able to go back to a Treo without losing some core functionality!

http://www.google.com/gmm/devices.html
    Doesn't work well for me in Edmonton Canada

Does not find "pizza" or anything suggested at all..I use google maps online all the time and know what comes up and what doesnt with the stores in my area..perhaps the Canada part isn't working properly just yet...really hoping it gets fixed and works like the online version.

If other Canadians have it working fine..mention your city..thanks
    not bad, little slow or is it just me?
    when I ask for directions, I get a map & the route is highlighed. How do I get the written directions?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast