Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    my googlemaps is not connecting, my data connection is fine but I keep getting the message that it cannot connect. I've tried deleting and reinstalling!

I miss my googlemaps!!! can anyone help???

Thank you!!!
    did u try a soft reset by any chance?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Ok. I am behind the times with google maps. I have been using their web site system via Blazer. Can someone tell me what advantage the google maps prc has over the website.

Also I am thinking of loading it on my SD card without a launcher or powerrun. Will this cause any issues other than having the icon in the card section of the native palm launcher.
    Getting a scrollable, zoomable google maps (including, in the US with real-time traffic) with directions and satellite view is better. smoother than blazer access. On the other hand I don't think you CAN put the maps on a card - this is a java application that pulls data off the Google server when you are using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by orr101 View Post
    Getting a scrollable, zoomable google maps (including, in the US with real-time traffic) with directions and satellite view is better. smoother than blazer access. On the other hand I don't think you CAN put the maps on a card - this is a java application that pulls data off the Google server when you are using it.
    NO IT IS NOT a Java app. There is a Java app, called KMaps. This thread is about the native Google Maps app.

But you're partially right; the data is saved in ram. You can use ZLauncher or other programs to move the data to the SD card, but it's pretty slow in and out if the data gets large. I had to do it on the 650, but on my 680 I don't bother since I have 30+ megs free all the time anyway.
    I still have 11 mb free on my 650 so I might try it on my ram. Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe View Post
    Also I am thinking of loading it on my SD card without a launcher or powerrun. Will this cause any issues other than having the icon in the card section of the native palm launcher.
    Directory Assistant allows you to open looked-up addresses directly in Google Maps, which is a great feature.... however, you need to have Google Maps loaded in RAM in order for this to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    This is Fantastic for 650 users, The Google Local site at:
    www.google.com/xhtml?site=local

now has a D/L link (Draggable Maps) which loads a Google Maps prc application into your 650. Again, I think this is a fatastic Application. Anyone Agree?
    It's wonderful, but unfortunately has a huge shortcoming for t-mobile web users: no proxy support. Many have already posted on the Google Maps for Mobile discussion forums, requesting this feature, but the app hasn't been updated in months. Does anyone have a real email address for a Google Maps for Palm developer?
    Stay tuned. This and many other new changes and features are coming soon!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Directory Assistant allows you to open looked-up addresses directly in Google Maps, which is a great feature.... however, you need to have Google Maps loaded in RAM in order for this to work.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post

Rick
    You relize I would love you forever if you found a way to get the native Google Maps application to work with proxy settings alongside DA!?

I am switching to the new AT&T anyway, $19.99 for unlimited smartphone connect, not terrible. rlwhitt, keep up the amazing work! I love your program, use is dozens of times everyday, beam it to everyone!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    Ooooooo...
    Anyone know if the current version displays Estimated Travel Time and Traffic Delays when getting directions? The WinMo version does and I want to know what to expect if I switch over to POS.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314