Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    If you need maps anywhere, look for EarthComber. It will load all maps from the SD card, so no worries about space. It doesn't have satellite images but it has excellent maps and points of interest.
    This application has been updated to version 1.4.1, but there is no changelog. Anyone know what changed?

http://www.pcsintel.com/content/view/1650/9/
    I downloaded and installed the new one on my Treo, and it still says I have v1.0
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Hmmm... There is no new info on the Google site: http://www.google.com/gmm/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    This application has been updated to version 1.4.1, but there is no changelog. Anyone know what changed?

http://www.pcsintel.com/content/view/1650/9/
    This intel is wrong! There is an add-on to POS google maps called KwikMaps that integrates the contacts DB. It's freeware and version 1.4.1. An honest mistake maybe.

KwikMaps http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...&prodid=125054
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Oh cool. If KwikMaps can call GoogleMaps and pass it an address, then DirectoryAssistant should be able to do that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Oh cool. If KwikMaps can call GoogleMaps and pass it an address, then DirectoryAssistant should be able to do that too.
    It would be great to see DA support GoogleMaps.prc. I also found the directory look up directly within Googlemaps to be pretty good.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    It would be great to see DA support GoogleMaps.prc. I also found the directory look up directly within Googlemaps to be pretty good.
    Have you asked Rick to look into supporting it? He is very responsive to these types of requests.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    This is new to me. How do you do a directory lookup within Googlemaps?
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Looking at the website, it just passes it to the GoogleMaps webpage, not to the built-in app.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Looking at the website, it just passes it to the GoogleMaps webpage, not to the built-in app.
    It does pass on to the GoogleMaps PRC!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    It does pass on to the GoogleMaps PRC!!
    ooo ok i see now... i didn't read the whole thing. That's pretty cool!

It would be nice if the DA application would add this functionality.
    Very cool!

Now how long will it be before Google does this right from within the application?

I wonder how long it will be until they add features like Palm Earth 2.0 as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    This is new to me. How do you do a directory lookup within Googlemaps?
    Try "Find nearby business" from the pull down menu. It works like DA.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    The GMaps application must be in main memory in order for QwikMaps to recognize it. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    Have you asked Rick to look into supporting it? He is very responsive to these types of requests.
    I've just posted a request on his forum here.
    Try "Find nearby business" from the pull down menu. It works like DA.
    We are miscommunicating. Sorry. The directory lookup I was referring to was an integration with your contacts database - e.g. when you're in google maps and want to get directions to one of your contacts' work address, you cannot call up the address from your contacts database unless you use a 3rd party app that integrates the contacts search from google maps. It is a pain to go to Contacts, copy the address, then paste to google maps and possibly enter more info like the city. DA's best feature is this integration when getting maps and directions. GoogleMaps (prc) with KwikMaps comes close. Hope this makes it clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The GMaps application must be in main memory in order for QwikMaps to recognize it. Ben
    If you use ZLauncher to keep GoogleMaps on the card and you want to use KwikMaps with it, try this (although you can't use ZL to keep KwikMaps on the card for this to work, but KM is almost as small as a shortcut anyway):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=17
    I love this program! For "space" reasons I installed it on the SD card but now I can't seem to create a shortcut on my favorites page to it.
    Does anyone know if there's a trick to adding a Favorite application that's installed on the SD card? The only apps it lists are the ones installed on the phone.

TIA!
    I don't think you can add a program on your card as a favorite.