Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    thought i might be proactive and start this in advance.

feel free to include best screen protector too!
    When I get the orange one, I will just have a Best Skins Ever on it so that everyone can see it's beauty!
    The screen protectors will be the same as they were on the other Treos because the screen is the same size.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is it the same size as the 750? The cases should be interchangable, if so. But are there even 750 cases out?

Screen protectors, always Martin Fields. The best!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I bought the Sena Open faced case. I would recommend against it, in my opinion. Too loose on top, interferes with typing on the bottom. Leather is cut a bit thin and feels like it would stretch/tear over time.
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    Best Case selection is likely a very personal decision based one's use of the phone, but I'm also interested in people's opinions of good case choices. I just bought a 680 from Palm and now need a new case. I've used a T650 for two years and finally settled on the Sena Skintight open face case for it & have used it for a long time. Although, it has worked well at protecting my Treo, it does interfere slightly with key presses along the top row of keys and the leather is thin. The leather now shows significant signs of use.

I bought the 680 for two primary reasons; i.e., it's form factor and it's increased memory. I played with one in a store and really liked it's feel in my hands. I think any form fit case is going to detract from this and will feel bulky, but am open to suggestions.

I think a slip-in vertical case with a top strap and a magnetic clasp may be the best choice, but haven't decided. Sena & Krusell both have some for the 680 that look good. I'm not a fan of the horizontal case designs.
    ..I bought it at the Palm store at the GROVE in LA.. I also added a swivel pouch by fonegear..Since the new vaja case is so sleek, you can use a beltpouch, for easy quick grab of the 680..The vaja case definitely takes away the bland look of the 680..
    My new favorite screen protectors or from SheildZone. The only protection I use for the 680 is egrips. They rock!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    found a good leather pouch with a swivel belt clip cas (generic) at CompUSA for $19.99. I like it so far.
  11. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    My artic 680 in black boxwave armor case - hope you can make them out!

Only problem - the SD card hatch is blocked from opening i.e. the cut slot is actually too small to open with the case on(almost the same size adnd thus no room to pop it) - not a prob for me as I don't take the card out really...
    Heyy Bruckwine, do you carry that thing in your pocket or do you use the swivel clip? It looks kinda thick.
    Quote Originally Posted by lrfhfs54 View Post
    ..I bought it at the Palm store at the GROVE in LA.. I also added a swivel pouch by fonegear..Since the new vaja case is so sleek, you can use a beltpouch, for easy quick grab of the 680..The vaja case definitely takes away the bland look of the 680..
    Can you post picture of your case ?

I'm very interested..........
    The form-fitting Krusell cases are finally out for the 680 - I ordered one but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I used one on my old 650 and loved it - here's the new one... http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...343&category=5
    Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    The form-fitting Krusell cases are finally out for the 680 - I ordered one but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I used one on my old 650 and loved it - here's the new one... http://www.krusell.se/product.php?pr...343&category=5
    CANCEL YOUR ORDER....Well you don't have to, but here's the deal. My Krusell cabriolet case arrived two weeks ago. I love everything about it, except that I have to remove the case to access the SD card, which to me is not going to work. From the looks of the pic in your post, you are going to have the same problem with the form-fitting case, which might or might not not be a big deal for you. Because the cases are advertised for the 750, I wonder if the SD doors on the 750 and the 680 are different? Does anyone know? If anyone is interested in my Krusell, pm me. Maybe we can work something out, as I'll be sticking to my already applied Invisible Shield. Yes, my plan was to sport both

d
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    CANCEL YOUR ORDER....Well you don't have to, but here's the deal. My Krusell cabriolet case arrived two weeks ago. I love everything about it, except that I have to remove the case to access the SD card, which to me is not going to work. From the looks of the pic in your post, you are going to have the same problem with the form-fitting case, which might or might not not be a big deal for you. Because the cases are advertised for the 750, I wonder if the SD doors on the 750 and the 680 are different? Does anyone know? If anyone is interested in my Krusell, pm me. Maybe we can work something out, as I'll be sticking to my already applied Invisible Shield. Yes, my plan was to sport both

d
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that the 680 will not fit in the Palm cradle charger with the Krusell case on .
    I just purchased the Palm leather pouch case, (not the face out leather holster one). This is the case that is compared to a nutshell, but less expensive. I really like it. It keeps the phone secure on my belt, but it remains accessable and protected. I found that my old Seido Treo 650 face in spring clip case did not hold the 680 securely, so I bought the Palm case.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I struggled with the best case thing for years. I was at the Palm store at Hartsfield and they has a Blackberry slip case that fit perfectly. Of course, they wanted $30 for it. I found it on a BBerry site for $10. Couldn't be happier.

PS: You can cut off the BlackBerry tag if you want.

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I have a flexi skin cover from palm on mine - so far I have twice dropped the palm on the road.

Once whilst in a dump getting rid of Christmas stuff - it fell out of my belt holder (generic one) onto the floor and I then kicked it 10 feet accross the yard - it landed on my foot as I was walking. Then 2 days later I was running after one of my kids and it fell out again and skidded on a wet road

End result is 2 very minor corner scrapes on the unit and nothing else. I have now purchesed a horizontal palm belt holder and it fits much better

I don't have a screen protector on - can't stand them - I hope to get 12 months out of this treo - without the flexi case I wouldn't have got to month 2.
    I'm happy with my Piel Frama leather case (http://www.pielframa.com/treo_680.htm) - high quality leather and handcrafted. But a little expensive :-/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast