Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My IT guy has been working with Verizion for 3 days trying to get my Treo 700P to synch with our exchange server to no avail. Is there anyway to do this without running some dumb application on my laptop to push the emails. This defeats the purpose of having the 700p. If I had my laptop plugged in while traveling, I would just check email on my laptop. I am not an IT guy, but I know I have web access to my exchange server and there is not way my IT group will open this up to a POP account. Also my IT guy will not set up another server to push this as Verizon suggested. Any help is appreciated.
  2. #2  
    If they will open up IMAP, then you can use Chatter for true push e-mail. I have Exchange 2003 which supports the IDLE command which is required. But check out www.chatteremail.com for specific requirements.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  3. emtkopan's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #3  
    Chattermail with Exchange works well for me with one exception. My part time job also uses microsoft exchange but it never seems to log in. It works fine on my primary job and my old job. Chattermail with Exchange is pricey but worth it. It does support true push however you can have problems where it won't work due to reception problems then you need to restart you connections. I can tell you the company that I can't get my chatter to work with does start their web address with https://webmail etc....
  4. #4  
    I had many of the same issues and I gave up and went to Chatter...no problems ever since...with the trial program, you have nothing to lose...give it a try.
  5. #5  
    I am an Exchange admin..and have set up many of these devices up. What error message are you getting when you try to sync? Are you trying to use SSL? Does the server have a real certificate signed by a third party or is it an internally generated certificate?

    Quote Originally Posted by work2live View Post
    My IT guy has been working with Verizion for 3 days trying to get my Treo 700P to synch with our exchange server to no avail. Is there anyway to do this without running some dumb application on my laptop to push the emails. This defeats the purpose of having the 700p. If I had my laptop plugged in while traveling, I would just check email on my laptop. I am not an IT guy, but I know I have web access to my exchange server and there is not way my IT group will open this up to a POP account. Also my IT guy will not set up another server to push this as Verizon suggested. Any help is appreciated.
  6. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #6  
    I'm synching with our Exchange Server 2003 using 700P/Sprint/Versamail and it works flawlessly. Well, ok, flawlessly may be a stretch but I get my email every 5 minutes or as often as I want to check it and I have very few errors ever.

    So it can be done...


    SMEGGIE
  7. jnyr's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #7  
    I'm an Exchange Admin. I was trying to get chatter+ EXPlugin to work, but unable to do so. I went on the forum at chatter mail and saw that there was a problem if ISA server is in front of the OWA servers. This needs to get fixed. Microsoft best practices say to put ISA or another proxy/publishing component in front of the OWA servers. For Chatter to compete in the Enterprise, this must get fixed. Most entperprises put some protection in front of their OWA servers. At this point, I cannot reccomend Treo + Chatter as a solution for our users because of this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnyr View Post
    I'm an Exchange Admin. I was trying to get chatter+ EXPlugin to work, but unable to do so. I went on the forum at chatter mail and saw that there was a problem if ISA server is in front of the OWA servers. This needs to get fixed. Microsoft best practices say to put ISA or another proxy/publishing component in front of the OWA servers. For Chatter to compete in the Enterprise, this must get fixed. Most entperprises put some protection in front of their OWA servers. At this point, I cannot reccomend Treo + Chatter as a solution for our users because of this.
    Is IMAP not enabled on your Exchange server? That's how I access my Exchange server via Chatter (IMAP SSL).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9. jnyr's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Is IMAP not enabled on your Exchange server? That's how I access my Exchange server via Chatter (IMAP SSL).

    Its definitely enabled. We have a lot of POP3 and IMAP users...the problem is the EXPlug-in where you point to the OWA servers. We have ISA servers in front of it and this is causing the problem...IMAP IDLE works fine, only thing is we do not open our SMTP server w/o a VPN connection. Thats why I was interested in the EXPlugin. I would imagine the EXPlugin is the closest to BB functionality (sync sent mail, etc).
  10. #10  
    First thing we did was ditch the ISA server with a cisco device. it's the best move we did. That ISA caused us more issues. Nice theory but it didn't work well.

Posting Permissions