1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to attach files to e-mail using Goodmail on a Treo 700p?
    Sorry, it can't be done. You can only forward email that has an attachment - can't add one.

The (perhaps non-obvious) reason I believe is one of email security - GoodGuy can confirm. You have to remember that Good sells to enterprise customers whose IT folks sit around a dream up ways a virus could get inside the firewall. Without "corporate IT" level of security on the Treo, I guess it would mean Good has to run anti-virus sw on their servers before the email went to the destination address.

At one time I think Good had it "on the roadmap" but don't know what date that might translate to.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks tomvb2000.

Does anyone know of a good alternative for sending attachments from the Treo. I tried Gmail mobile but it doesn't allow it either.
    You can use the VersaMail email app already on the Treo or try SnapperMail which is one of the most popular 3rd party apps. See also this wiki article for more detail. Especially this one
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Do you even NEED Good? For the email part, ChatterEmail might work just as well and it's much cheaper.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    With those programs, what do you use as the SMTP server?
    It all depends on who your ISP is - they would tell you what to use. For Sprint, it would be smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've had Chatter for a while and just got Goodlink because it's the only way to get my company's email. I've got no complaints about Good, but Chatter still has it beat in a lot of ways. If you've got the option, Chatter is the way to go. Not the end of the world that I've got to use Good for my corporate email and Chatter for my Gmail, but if I had the choice I'd have Chatter handling everything.
    mal5z - Are you SURE you can't use Chatter for your corporate mail? If you can get it via OWA, you probably can...

Marc
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    It all depends on who your ISP is - they would tell you what to use. For Sprint, it would be smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    What do you type in as your username/password?
    Use your SprintPCS Vision account username and password